Why is Kirban so slow to Ship product.

Sinisturbo

Maximum Entropy
Placed my order two and a half weeks ago and today received a partial order!
Everything else is on back order. What gives??

Kirbans is a great vendor, he is has good people. My last order was before the show. I live in VA 2 days UPS and it took 6 days. I got no tracking info either. I got ahold of Pete and he told me stuff was on the way. I just accept it and know if you need it fast call them instead of internet ordering.

I ordered last Monday still no tracking info I figured with their open house it would be awhile I'm in no hurry for it.

I think we are lucky to have anybody to order parts from. Wait 10 years and see if there is a vendor left that sells TR parts. If you think you may need something in six months then order today.

In the past, if I ordered something from Kirbans and it seemed like it was taking too long, I contacted
them to get an answer. They were always truthful and let me know what was going on. Plus, it saved
time. You were lucky that Pete happened to read your post and gave you some info at 10pm last nite.
They are one of the best vendors around to deal with.

I JUST HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THEM, MY ORDER WAS SHORT ONE ITEM, SPOKE TO THEM AND WAS SHIPPED SAME DAY ( 4-21-14 ) AND RECIEVED TODAY (4-23-14). IF THEY SELL WHAT I NEED I WILL BUY FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE.

Just caught this thread.....

First, I appreciate all the compliments. We been in business since the mid 1970s. As it has been pointed out like other vendors we are dealing with a limited production car. Its not like our suppliers stock a lot of the same parts because the market is quite small. Example, our billet adjustable fuel regulator is probably the most popular one on the fuel rail of many turbo regals. This is great however for Mustangs we have sold over 25,000 regulators. (Done thru our wholesalers).

Its a game of numbers....

I personally spend probably 30 mins a day or longer contacting companies to find out when we can expect delivery?

Adding to this spring is our busiest times. Some companies don't take phone calls which puts an added burden on our staff.

Cores can some times be an issue as cores keep things flowing. No cores and rebuilt parts can come to a halt.

Frankly when I buy something I seldom if ever ask for a tracking number I figure I will get it in a timely matter and if I don't then I call the company. I sometimes get the wrong parts mistakes happen.

The number of companies that cater to the turbo regals is quite small.

We all seen other companies come and go.

We put a lot into research on what we eventually offer to the Buick Turbo Owner.

Like all the other vendors we all do our best. Amazon we are not.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a side note see parts wanted section we have urgent need for stock turbos see details under parts wanted.

Placed my order two and a half weeks ago and today received a partial order!
Everything else is on back order. What gives??
It's vehicle owners like these, that will chase away or discourage vendors for all of us in the future, with thier I wanted my part yesterday complaints.

Only two and a half weeks later, it's not like it was two and half months.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm listening.

Attachments

• 1398339397283.jpg
    1398339397283.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 157
KIRBANS is top notch stands behind what he sells and great customer service we are a very small group in the car world with our cars we should be greatfull for the venders like kirban

Now I know it is best to place your order with Kirban via a phone call.
As Dennis said Amazon we are not. Now that I know this I will plan accordingly.
Thank you all for your mature responses to a simple question.

Here is an example of what basically is a simple part that not only works on all the Regals but also all the Monte Carlos and Olds Cutlasses etc. Just to give readers an idea of what its like.

The metal car guard that surrounds the steering column protecting it from being busted and stolen. Fairly popular item and has been for years. I buy this from another major vendor who buys several thousand dollars worth at a time. He reordered them last October 2013 and paid quite abit of money up front. Course we could not get any from my source since his supplier did not get him his. Meantime we all thought they would be in stock soon. Had some people pay for them. So we then posted under the part on our website call for availability. My source was getting worried since he paid quite abit up front and was not getting any answers thinking he got screwed.

A week ago he finally gets them...so now we have stock on them again. This part is not even specific for our cars yet was not available for several months.
almost all of us vendors buy and sell constantly to each other. For the most part we all get a long with each other. Some vendors including us have certain parts only we have as do other vendors.

Its a very narrow business as far as numbers go. Its truly amazing so many items have been reproduced for this market . Its always best to line up what you need in advance of having your car worked on.

Even powermaster brake units. I got plenty of cores yet Cardone has a specific person that rebuilds them so we get so many back in a given weeks time.

A word of advice: Any part any vendor markets as original GM that is specific for the 1984-1987 Turbo Regals I think the days are numbered that GM will have any inventory of since we are years beyond the length of time they are required to stock such parts. Again I am saying 1984-1987 Turbo Regal specific.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Actually if I waited 2.5 weeks for an order from Kirban I would be nervous too, since I usually get parts from him within a week. ;)