You can type here any text you want

Why SHOULDN'T I use E85??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
By all means go E85 and never look back! Best thing ever to happen to my car. 80s will,take you into at least the mid 10s. There's a guy on here that I believe broke into the 9s with 80s in a cutlass. My buddy currently runs mid 10s with 80s on a precision 6262 with a crappy 1.6 60ft. Gas mpg will suck but who cares? Made my car run very smooth and drivability has never been better. Oh and it smells good at stop lights!;)

Cold start sucks for my car, if i had a powerlogger id probably be able to send a log to TT and have them fix it but once its running it runs good

I love e85 the only down fall is I have to travel 30 miles one way to get it . I am runing a SD2 chip with the flex fuel option . I have a ethonal sensor plumed in my return line . With that ethonal data you can tell the ECM what u want it to do with 0-100% ethonal . It is pretty bad ass if u ask me . Runing flex fuel with a OBD1 computer .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    766.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.9 KB · Views: 153
I know too many fast people running more inj. than they really need and dont want to work over the fuel system. It can be done with 80's, but why even bother when you sell those and put money towards 120's or so. Your out maybe $100 and for piece of mind, that isnt a lot on an expensive build. No brainer IMO.

I would also like to mention that not everyone weighs the same either. Running an ET has a lot of different things involved, so take what other people say they run with a GOS.

my car was setup and running e85 before I got it. I made the switch to gas/alky since e85 is not available near me. Only downsides I witnessed was it may have led to the premature death of my fuel pumps. I'd switch them out every year or 2 just to be safe. My signature shows what was done to it to handle the e85. Double pumpers and 120's were key according to the PO. Tune was also massively rich compared to my gas tune fwiw.

*edit: about the fuel pumps: When it failed it did so quite suddenly. Literally right in the middle of a 1/4 mile drag. Thats why I'd play it safe with the pumps. YMMV.

I don't recommended pushing 80s into the 9s. I did it, but I keep a close eye on the AFR. I also had a lot of fuel pressure.
E85is a great fuel. 20k engine and $2 fuel comment is stupid, it is more forgiving than alky and 93. I have 4 years of 8 sec runs on my engine, 2 of those on e85, and the bearings look like the day they were installed.

I know too many fast people running more inj. than they really need and dont want to work over the fuel system. It can be done with 80's, but why even bother when you sell those and put money towards 120's or so. Your out maybe $100 and for piece of mind, that isnt a lot on an expensive build. No brainer IMO.

I would also like to mention that not everyone weighs the same either. Running an ET has a lot of different things involved, so take what other people say they run with a GOS.

Bo I think you need to upgrade to some 300 Atomizers .. those 160's have to be holding you back

my car was setup and running e85 before I got it. I made the switch to gas/alky since e85 is not available near me. Only downsides I witnessed was it may have led to the premature death of my fuel pumps. I'd switch them out every year or 2 just to be safe. My signature shows what was done to it to handle the e85. Double pumpers and 120's were key according to the PO. Tune was also massively rich compared to my gas tune fwiw.

*edit: about the fuel pumps: When it failed it did so quite suddenly. Literally right in the middle of a 1/4 mile drag. Thats why I'd play it safe with the pumps. YMMV.
I have changed 6 pumps on gas cars in the last 2 years, pumps I installed initially. These were not e85 cars.

Once I found that I had E85 stations near me , it was a no-brainer . Gone are the problems I had with a poorly installed alky kit that came with the car and never seamed to work right . Now boost is at 28.5 psi with zero knock and a new trans & converter , 10's will be easy . Sam

what pumps were they >> I have yet to see but 1 DW300 fail on E85 out of probably 100 or more .. and that one for sure was an installation issue that killed it.

WALBLOW's ... yeah seen quite a few of those take a dump on E85 AS WELL AS PUMP GAS !

I am looking also at the possibility of E85 on a mega squirt. Does E85 make as much power as 93+alky?

Are all the following compatible or enough with my setup? I'm using twin aeromotive pumps. I just installed the Kirban SS fuel lines. Stock frame fuel filter bypassed, using a screw on fuel filter(looks like an oil filter). I have a BGC intake w aluminum fuel rails.

Would I need 120s or 160s to get into high 9s, assuming my combo is capable of it.

I would get those aluminum fuel rails anodized for use with E85 .

Where would I do that at? Isn't that illegal to do in the USA? I thought of getting custom SS ones made.

I would get those aluminum fuel rails anodized for use with E85 .

Why ? .. Do they anodize beer cans ? some pure ethanol products are transported in Aluminum containers .... it's ethanol .. not Methanol .. big big difference

I'd like to know if you can mix e-85 with 93 and run a tune with Fast

I'd like to know if you have to have separate tunes with E85 with the fast system.

You can mix fuels, run straight gas, straight E85+,etc... and run the same tune as long as you are running a flex fuel sensor.

Back