why would pedal......

NOTSOFAST

I have noticed that on 1 of my GN's the gas pedal feels alot easier to push than the other. what could cause this? would the mods each has make a difference on pedal feel?

Is your accelerator cable dry or bound up on something? Could be the TV or cruise cables too as they all connect around the same area of the throttle body. Take one off at a time and see if they are hard to move by hand.

Does one car have an additional throttle spring on the throttle body? Sometimes people like to double up on them.

my 1st GN I've had since 91, so i know it doesn't have a double spring. GN #2, when I put it back together, I didn't notice any double spring on it.

I have the same issue with my 87 GN. Have owned the car for almost 10 years and its always bee like that. Have had 4 other Turbo cars since I bought this and they were all noticeably easier to push down.

Monroe TB? could have a different Stonger spring. Other than that if any one of those cables is frayed it's going to make it feel harder.

Iwould also check the T v cable where it connects at the tranny.

Oh and just disconnect them all at the TB you should find which one is giving you trouble.

Johnny, I do have the Monroe TB, just never thought about it. as he does replace everything on the TB. just for shits & giggles, if I crossed the linkages at TB would it act like this? or would GN even run with linkages switched?