You can type here any text you want

Wide Band O2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

I am purchasing a Speed Pro with the wide band O2 option. Does anyone have a part number for the O2 sensor that Speed Pro uses. I think it is a 5 wire NGK but I am not sure (don't have the unit yet, just preparing for the future).
Thanks,
Jeff Rand

You can only order the O2 from FAST, each sensor is individually calibrated. If you swap sensors you also have to install the calibration disk supplied from FAST at the same time.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Bob, thanks for the reply. Would you know the cost of the replacements and how long will O2 last in a leaded enviorment?
Jeff

Don't know the cost- haven't had to do it yet. But I think it's kinda expensive- check with your friendly neighborhood FAST dealer.

On the other hand, I've heard about lots of people who run leaded racing fuel all the time and have never had to replace the sensor. I've only run unleaded (99% street driven), and I'm probably gonna run some race fuel this year, and I'm not too worried about it. This isn't a sensor that you're gonna have to replace on a regular basis.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

If the sensor gets oil contaminated, antifreeze contaminated, or overheated, by not placing it in the Downpipe, you'll end up having to get another visa card to replace it, just another buick operating cost.:rolleyes:

about $300 to replace it. We are running a few cars that run race gas exclusively as well as dual purpose street cars and haven't had any fail from contamination in the past three years. I had at least 15000 miles on my weekend racer daily driver and only had to replace it when my turbine wheel exploded and took it out on the way out the downpipe.
Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

Summit, thanks for that information. It is reasuring to know that I won't have to incur the expense of replacement on a regular basis.
Jeff

BTW the replacement sensor is $399 now. Like Summit, I'm still on my original with a steady diet of leaded race fuel, ~ 3 yrs now.

TurboTR

Turbo TR, thanks for the information. I guess that is one less thing to worry about. What will happen when the O2 does go bad? What size plug should I use to plug up the orginal bung for the O2?
Jeff

O2 bung plug

The bung plug is 18mm. I'd put the O2 some 10 -15" from the flange on the DP. Someone mentioned that the max temp the WB is supposed to operate in is 1200*F.. That's close, but also heard 1400..
The part # is 30-7000. Turbo TR is right on w/ the price $399:eek:
Mine too, has run for 2 years w/ a steady diet of 116.. Still responds like new.
I think the UEGO number will go out of normal when the O2 takes a hike...Anyone??

Hey Greg, Was there anything else wrong with your motor or was it just the loose pushrod?

Butch
Dallas / Chicago
87' WE4 119k

Back