Wideband gauge options?

BARRACUDA1968

I'm currently using an AEM but looking for something that will measure below 10.0

I did a search and didn't come up with an answer.

I'd like to keep the gauge on the pillar so I can keep an eye on it. I didn't have much of a chance to tune my stroker before I had to pull it but the times I did tip in and go WOT my gauge went 10.0 then peaked at 10.5 ish at the top of 3rd. Since I want to keep my AFR at WOT around 10.5 I want some data on how far in the basement I'm starting at. .5 on the AEM happens pretty quick and I don't want to be in the low 9's AFR in fear of rich detonation.

Any suggestions?

Lock in the AFR with the chip. Set it and forget it.

What's all involved with setting up a chip to control AFR with a wideband? Special chip, wideband, etc? Is it really that easy to dial in an 11.5 AFR and let the ECM handle the rest?

The SD2 setup allows you to eliminate the MAF thus simplifying your intake tract. If you have a wideband installed the Scanmaster allows you to show your wideband AFR on the display without having to add another gauge. The only disadvantage is that you can only have one display up at a time. The SD2 is incredibly flexible and is more then enough to keep a tuner busy or to do very basic settings and then get more involved as you learn. A Powerlogger is also required but for the money I think it is a great setup.

I use the wideband on the A pillar and the SM on the dash right next to it. I watch for KR on SM and AFR on gauge.

I find the SM hard to read sometimes so having the WB right where I can see it gives me a little reassurance.

I use the wideband on the A pillar and the SM on the dash right next to it. I watch for KR on SM and AFR on gauge.

I find the SM hard to read sometimes so having the WB right where I can see it gives me a little reassurance.

I use the Innovate motorsports mtx-L wb gauge kit for the same needs that you describe. Works well for me.

I have the AEM wideband and my gauge reads from 8.5 to 18 AFR. I bought the kit off ebay a few years ago.

There is no particular reason to read below 10.0.

Yeah I get that but I want to know how far below 10.0 I'm going. My car seemed to stay 10.0 until I was at the top of 3rd. I've been told too much fuel can be a bad thing as well. I just don't want to keep pulling fuel and end up being too lean on the top end meaning the gauge only gives me .5 of judgment time. Once it bounces off 10.0 and starts to read I don't have a lot of room to keep it under 10.5. Just thought a gauge that read under 10.0 would give me a better idea when the fuel was leaning out in the lower 10 range.

If I knew what was going on I could lower the alky or slow the ramp etc. Maybe add some timing??? Or maybe just a dumb question?