You can type here any text you want

Wideband not jiving with the plugs ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

10SV6

On my T-type the wideband O2 readings aren't jiving with how the plugs look. The UEGOS voltage is .49. The wideband is reading 11.0 to 10.9 at WOT but the plugs look more like 11.8 to 12.0.

Part throttle the wideband seems like it's reading properly. The sensor is mounted about 12 inches downstream from the turbo.

Thoughts, ideas ?

thanks
Paul Thompson

only thing i could think is that the o2 sensor is too hot or too far away, giving the exhasut more time to change its form, try mounting it in a header tube before the turbo, not in the down pipe.

Nope, wouldn't recommend that. Excessive heat and pressure in the collector can cause inaccurate WBO2 readings.

Originally posted by 10SV6
On my T-type the wideband O2 readings aren't jiving with how the plugs look. The wideband is reading 11.0 to 10.9 at WOT but the plugs look more like 11.8 to 12.0.

Part throttle the wideband seems like it's reading properly. The sensor is mounted about 12 inches downstream from the turbo.

The inner element of the sensor runs at about 1,800dF. The whole trick in the WB world is warming the sensor up fast, without shattering the little proclean dealybob in housing. So if for some reason your exceeding that, it could be an answer.

If there are some actual carbon flakes inside the element, that could be a problem, and no there isn't any solution to rinse them out.

The sensor itself maybe failing. It seems that they fail lean, meaning they show lean, so you wind up adding fuel which is somewhat of a neat thing, rather then having the opposite happen.

And the sensor is just an approximatation devise. Gasoline is just a cocktail of chemicals to give certain qualities, and there is no guarantee of what is in it from batch to batch.

Does someone else around you have a WB you can run against yours and see how they compare.

Back