Wideband readings in 1st gear

GMTECH12002

Is it ok to have
@12.5 :1 only in first gear wot? Cause through a 1/4 run I ended up @ 10.8-11.3. On the top end

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Add some fuel in first with the tt chip. 12.5 would scare me. However, I do lean out in first and second and add a little fuel in 3rd to get 10.5-10.8

i did add fuel to get it below 12 but it takes alot of power out of the car, it wont break the tires loose in first gear and spins much less when it hits 2nd when my afr is below 12:1 in first. I was kinda wondering if that 12.5 isnt from the intitial throttle opening because 1st gear only lasts a very short time and that maybe that lean reading in first only, is not so much to worry about, what do you guys think?

@ what speed r u going though i 1st gear & what kind of rpm r u turning buddy??

Shifting out @ 5000 and not sure on speed, I'm completely stock from engine to rear end with a 235/70 bfg radials out back, running stock turbo @23 psi on 60s with e85, bout 2 months ago with this tune I pulled a 12.61 @ 107 with 1.8. 60 ft with this setup

I was messing around with AFR's the other day and leaned out my car by accident to 12.5-13 and it felt a lot faster. Richened it back up to 10.5-11.0 and power was lost. I bumped timing a few degrees and power came back. Gabby told me to keep it in the 10.5-11.0 range until I get things figured out with this E85 stuff first tho. So that's what I'm doing.

I was messing around with AFR's the other day and leaned out my car by accident to 12.5-13 and it felt a lot faster. Richened it back up to 10.5-11.0 and power was lost. I bumped timing a few degrees and power came back. Gabby told me to keep it in the 10.5-11.0 range until I get things figured out with this E85 stuff first tho. So that's what I'm doing.

thanks i appreciate that and i like your sig. with Romans

Your car wouldn't run that good if it wasn't running right.
The narrow band shows @770-780 and I agree that my tune must be close to get those kinds of times at the strip, I just want some opinions to help me to have more faith in the safety of running that lean in first gear, I can lean it out further and it gets more torque, I'm talking blowing the tires off torque in first and all the way through second but I don't wanna run it that lean.....12.8:1 don't trust that at all

Actually this is why I decide to install a wideband, I could pull fuel out of the chip and the car would get stronger and stronger but the narrow band kept showing me I was safe, and I didn't trust that. So I put the wideband in to find I was running like 12.8 in first and mid 11s through the remainder of the rpm so I fattened the overall wot setting to get my Afr down to the low 11s and high 10s on the big end but 1st still wanted to run in the 12s so as I added fuel in first gear only, the torque really suffered, I didn't like that at all but my BFGs were happy

Lol so i see that the advise i gave you is working for you? Nice!