You can type here any text you want

Wideband

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostmaster

Just set up the wideband and I was wondering what is a good base line A/F ratio to start at using C-16 race fuel.

Thanks, Pete

whats the fattest u can go on a/f ratio with 17# and running 93 octane sorry for jumpin into the thread thanks jay

Just set up the wideband and I was wondering what is a good base line A/F ratio to start at using C-16 race fuel.

Thanks, Pete
Pete,
You are not playing around are you? (LOL!)
Are you using Alky on top of the C16?

If you don't get the answer, I will post tonight.
There was a thread on this a while back on Racegas and/with alky. (If that is the goal.)

A/F Ratio

Pete,
You are not playing around are you? (LOL!)
Are you using Alky on top of the C16?

If you don't get the answer, I will post tonight.
There was a thread on this a while back on Racegas and/with alky. (If that is the goal.)

Well I'm taking 2 cars to the track, one plumbed for alky the other is not. Since I'm always the only Hot Air guess I'll run against myself. lol... The car that will be running on straight race fuel is using stock unported heads with a big cam so I will have to turn the boost wayyyy up to get any real gains.

The other car is my gray daily driver that I've had for years. This one will be on a race fuel alky mix. Probably 110 and alky.

That was my next question. What should I be looking for as far as A/F ratio's on......

93 & Alky
110 & Alky

I've tried 116 and alky before with no gains must have been too cool and had a negative affect on spark. At the time I did not have a data logger and after thinking about it I think I should have a) added wayy more timing or b) backed off on fuel. But we'll see what happens.

That was my next question. What should I be looking for as far as A/F ratio's on......

93 & Alky
110 & Alky

I've tried 116 and alky before with no gains must have been too cool and had a negative affect on spark. At the time I did not have a data logger and after thinking about it I think I should have a) added wayy more timing or b) backed off on fuel. But we'll see what happens.

Here are a couple of good threads.
Hope this helps. Best of luck!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...w-does-methanol-affect-wideband-readings.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/328124-race-fuel-alky.html

Back