Wife says, "Go ahead. Get the GTO."

Originally posted by Mr. T
Oh Christ! :rolleyes:

Everything around here is d!ck measuring contest.
Supras suck.
Cobra Mustangs suck.
Monte Carlo SSs suck.
and so on...

Yes, the Buick Grand National is God's gifts to the automotive world. And happens to be your Big Black Penis Extension. :rolleyes:

All I did was respond to a comment about the Monte Carslows beating the Grand Nationals at the track and you come up with this crap? As far as the "Big Black Penis Extension" I only have one for the Monte guys,I have found that after you slap them around at the track they like to play catch. 12.7 out of a Vortech Monte? Thats another one that will suck my exhaust. I do like Supras and Cobras and you are absolutely correct on the Monte Carlo SS they suck!

i really don't get why gm did what they did with the monte ss's. we have an 87 ss aero coupe, its a pooch! butter than a lot of cars on the road, but still for such a rare car (1500 i think so they could run the slanted glass in nascar) they should have done something else, maybe lc2???

asc really shoudl have taken the glass from the montes and put them on the gnx, they were all done at the same time, and there the same car, and it looks super cool!

I disagree with the Monte SS camp. The Monte Aero Coupes were nasty looking (not in a good way). I'm glad that concept never made it over to Buick. Just the opinion of a Buick guy... :)

Better get one in the next 3 years cuz they (GM) are only going to bring in 18,000 per year for three model years.........Why you ask?
Because that is all the UAW will allow*.........that kinda sucks.........

* Popular Mechanics Magazine, December 2003 Issue, page 46.

TTA89: id take a 12k buck z28 any day and spend 5 grand on it and hand your pully'd cobra its ass any day:rolleyes:

:cool:

Flame suit ziped and ready for combat

Originally posted by KillrV6
TTA89: id take a 12k buck z28 any day and spend 5 grand on it and hand your pully'd cobra its ass any day:rolleyes:

wurd:D

The GTO is a heavy Cavalier/Camry chameleon, weighing 3800 pounds, 600 pounds more than the '64. That's without fuel or passengers and only the spare in the trunk.

Better not race a new turbo Neon!!
And DEFINITELY ignore a STi in the next lane!!

Fast LS-1? How many REALLY fast street LS-1 F-bods has GMHTP ever featured? Guys spend HUGE $$ making major mods---and MAYBE bust into 11s! MAYBE!!

Trying to get quick in a 04 GTO will get you north of 40K faster than the car will run!

Originally posted by TTA89
Your reply should be..

"I want something thats actually fast, I'm heading to the SVT dealer"

New Mustang Cobras can be had for under $29,000!!!

The only people walking into Pontiac dealers are the brainwashed ones!!!

13.6? hahaha... My Stock Ford Truck ran 13.5 all stock. GTO Sounds like a Performance car without the Performance. What are you gonna do? Spend 1000 bucks on Headers for 5hp? lol

chip, pulley, filter in a Cobra = 450RWHP :cool:

Hey Mike,
Didn't we have this conversation on corral? I did just that; 455 rwhp for less than a $1000 in mods on my 03 Cobra. Car is no lightweight either at 3800#'s. This is the first detroit car, I can think of, since the GN that can run high 11's with basic bolt ons. It will do it on pump gas and drag radials to boot. Very togh to beat. The Cobra has it short comings though. Heavy as hell and death on half shafts. Build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Paint is absolute crap on my Sonic blue, I would never consider a black one.

I still need to buy the wife a car. I'm still debating the GTO like everyone else but REALLY do not like the styling. My wife is not crazy about it either and see loves her GTP. I hoping to see one in person and maybe get a new perspective. It's a shame I REALLY want to buy a new GM product but can not find anything I would consider for the price and performance. I even looked at the new GTP then went and drove a 04 Acura TL. For the same $$ GM isn't even in the ballgame. Any suggestions on a performance sedan for the wife?

Please post some feedback on your new GTO when you get it. I will be watching for reports.

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
All I did was respond to a comment about the Monte Carslows beating the Grand Nationals at the track and you come up with this crap?

The point IS: Everyone around here seems to look down on everything that wasn't optioned with a V6, turbo and an intercooler between 1986 and 1987. There is more to life than the GN.

As far as the "Big Black Penis Extension" I only have one for the Monte guys,I have found that after you slap them around at the track they like to play catch. 12.7 out of a Vortech Monte? Thats another one that will suck my exhaust. I do like Supras and Cobras and you are absolutely correct on the Monte Carlo SS they suck!

Clearly you are having difficulty with literacy. It says Vortec, not VortecH. There is not a supercharger on my car, just a set of stock late model truck heads and low compression. I haven't needed race fuel to get my SS into the 12s... just low grade pump gas.

---On Topic---

This GTO isn't the GTO from the 60s or 70s. It isn't supposed to be a throw back car. It is an enthusiast's ride. Deal with it. :rolleyes:

if you think people won't mod them anyways, no matter the cost people will get them going quick. Fbodies do not cost much to modify, i have a friend with true duals long tubes, lid, big cam and tuning , clicked off 12.04 on drag radials at 117 wtih 402 hp and 395 trq. thats pretty damn respectable if you ask me. And if you want to see a fast LS1 on every street corner come down to houston on a saturday night.;)

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
if you think people won't mod them anyways, no matter the cost people will get them going quick. Fbodies do not cost much to modify, i have a friend with true duals long tubes, lid, big cam and tuning , clicked off 12.04 on drag radials at 117 wtih 402 hp and 395 trq. thats pretty damn respectable if you ask me. And if you want to see a fast LS1 on every street corner come down to houston on a saturday night.;)

Your forgetting a bunch of other parts he has. I owned an LS1, they don't go nearly that fast with those parts.

Originally posted by KillrV6

Uh huh... You can deal with all the quirks and shortcommings that come with having a highly modified car as well. The 03 Cobra with trap 120+ mph and still drive bone stock. Drivability is the key.

Besides, look at your sig. You can't get your Buick into the 12s, how you gonna get a Z28 into the low 11s to beat me in the Cobra ;) Flame Suit On! :cool:

Uh huh... You can deal with all the quirks and shortcommings that come with having a highly modified car as well. The 03 Cobra with trap 120+ mph and still drive bone stock. Drivability is the key.

Besides, look at your sig. You can't get your Buick into the 12s, how you gonna get a Z28 into the low 11s to beat me in the Cobra ;) Flame Suit On! :cool:

you don't even have an 03 cobra so you don't have one to do anything either ;) and no im not forgetting anything on my friends car other than free mods and i forgot he has a 12 bolt(no gain other than durability) and a better clutch, he still has stock heads, what else is there to be done, there is no nitrous, no pulleys, His mods are free mods, lid, hooker longtubes, true duals, 12 bolt, nittos, clutch, cam (not sure on specs but it lopes hard) dyno tuning at MTI and walla. Its a nice setup that still drives very nice but sounds mean as hell

I would love to have the new GTO in my driveway. I don't care if its' not the fastest car at the dragstrip. It wasn't when it was brand new in '64. It will be worth more in the future than those bellybutton Neons (if they last more than 2 years) and the WRXs, Lancers, etc. I'd keep it stock and just enjoy it. It is a nice handling car with some go, that's all it need to do.

posted by Mease
#1 the test drivers CANT drive, the GTO will go 12s with someone in the seat that knows WTF they're doing...

Imagine what a 3300 lb car can do with RWD an LS1, heads/cam/ls6 intake and a pair of To4e's??? I bet half the Fbodys out there would piss their pants...
You oughta' put down the bong, Keith. :D That pig weighs almost 3,800lbs....without a driver. :eek: There's a snowball's chance in hell of one running 12's bone stock. In fact, so far in mag testing they've only gone 13.6@104 and 14.0@101. Funny though, because I have a $25 bet with a guy on one of the F-body boards that a bone stock GTO won't test faster than a 13.5 in a major car rag.
I doubt they'll make any more rwhp than a stock F-body, despite the 350hp rating. GM just didn't underrate it like the F-bodies were.
I'm sure with a set of twins on one with an automatic, it would be a fun ride. ;)
Sean.

haha my 4k lb. Limited w/ 160k original miles, stock turbo and intercooler runing 13.1 on 19 PSI with a crap launch has nothing to do with anything. i actually think thats not to bad considering it was 75*'s out and the car was runing rich.

wow your lightning ran 13.5 all stock. bet it didnt do it at 104 MPH. a new GTO with exhaust, intake and drag radials and a living driver would take your moded lightning.

its all relative. yeah a new cobra runs 12.6 or what ever stock, but it also costs the diffrence that it would take to make an LS1 run just as fast, if not faster. (and of course, were talking an SS or WS6 with SLP factory mods and all.)

i do like the new cobra, its bad ass, but but its a ford.
and besides: if you can find me one for under 29k out the door in california, hahah ill shake your hand.

maby its just because im a buick guy but i always go for the underdog.

BACK ON TOPIC- get the new GTO! people say its ugly, but i think they are crazy. the original GTO was a plane looking tempest with rally wheels and a hood scoop. i see the same in comon with the new one: plane looking car w/ a hot motor.

most of the people runing their mouthes about it have never even seen it in person yet! we all know how diffrent a car looks in person.

I love listening to Marissa Tomei talk about Pontiac Tempests. :)

The rest of youse guys.... :p