You can type here any text you want

Will a .033 compressed thickness head gasket cause any alignment issues?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I am building a new motor and I was planning to go with a .051 Cometic gasket like I have done in the past but I thought I might try the RJC head gasket instead. The RJC is .033 compressed thickness which is thinner than any I have run in the past so I wont to make sure that it wont be an issue. My motor is a 109 with ported irons, 212/212 Comp cam and stock rocker shafts if any of that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

it is going to move the threaded hole .018 in comparison to your old gasket. most times this is not an issue at all but there are variances in machining that could cause you to not be able to start your bolts. in these cases witch are rare we use a drill and very slightly slot the hole. it does not take much to slot .018 and you can almost not tell it has been slotted.

hope this helps.

i would say there is a 5% chance that you have to do it.

Have your heads or block been cut any? This will also affect the fitment of the intake.

it is going to move the threaded hole .018 in comparison to your old gasket. most times this is not an issue at all but there are variances in machining that could cause you to not be able to start your bolts. in these cases witch are rare we use a drill and very slightly slot the hole. it does not take much to slot .018 and you can almost not tell it has been slotted.

hope this helps.

i would say there is a 5% chance that you have to do it.

Thanks for the replies. I am OK with the 5% chance that there might be a slight alignment issue as long and the intake will seal up OK.

YOur talking about slotting the intake holes, correct? Is there much of an intake to head port mis-alignment?
Thanks

Back