Blown head gasket questions

As is the Powermaster brake light.
This is not a fair comparison as the Powermaster light comes on when pressure is low but still high enough to provide power assist. It is a warning of impending doom whereas the alcohol light is an announcement that doom has arrived. The problem is that no one constantly stares at their dashboard to see the brake warning light. An audible alarm would be much better.

This is not a fair comparison as the Powermaster light comes on when pressure is low but still high enough to provide power assist. It is a warning of impending doom whereas the alcohol light is an announcement that doom has arrived. The problem is that no one constantly stares at their dashboard to see the brake warning light. An audible alarm would be much better.
True to a point and agree with an audible would be nice, the light comes on for a number of different reasons, one with me was complete brake failure simultaneous with the light with no prior warning of a past pulsating light.

I have always wonder this too...I wonder if anyone has ever used/tried the foam baffle blocks summit sells for all types of fuel...in an aftermarket tank...rick's fuel tanks are very nice as well...

Ever seen what happens when the foam in a 5 gallon fuel cell deteriorates? You guessed it...clogs the fuel lines. I've seen it more than once.

i have applied anywhere from 1.80 to 2.0+ Gs to the tank everytime the car leaves,thats wheels up and no problems with the tank.i log pressure on the pump.i have a few tricks to make it all work;) 1. is my pump is on the driver side and i extended the line coming off the tank several feet to hold more alky= no issues with pressure.i have a few more but just the line change will make a huge difference.i will put it this way i have scattered rear ends on the hit and never lost alky pressure
I don't hear of Russ Merrit have any alky issues....and he has their car running some silly fast numbers. :cool:

Ever seen what happens when the foam in a 5 gallon fuel cell deteriorates? You guessed it...clogs the fuel lines. I've seen it more than once.

I pumped the tank dry using the secondary fuel pump before dropping to change the fuel lines to 8an.

check the block surface as well may need to be decked.
Looked it over good.

The gasket was blown straight to water and to the lifter valley on the head side only.

The Champion heads do not appear to have a very thick surface at the water jacket so it will not take much detition to crack them.

thanks i think.rick i actually go based off the facts and consider myself a logic seeker.i have made 90+lbs/min and have not lost the number 1@2 and have sprayed over 50gph through the up pipe.if guys cant get there 15 to 25 gph into the motor without hurting it they need to do there homework.
Facts? Why is it always 1 and 2 cylinder that blow?

Liquid, in suspension, subjected to 2G's of force, plus 30psi of air pressure would tend to "blow" the mixture to the rear of the intake.
Maybe why a port injection,{or some other nefarious method}, alky system may help keep things under the head? :confused:

" i extended the line coming off the tank several feet to hold more alky= no issues with pressure>
An old Smokey Yunick trick with his NASCAR rides.! :D

well these ones are designed specifically for fuel tanks ...IDK..just seeing if anyone had any exp. with them ...I would just keep the tank full...easy solution...LOL

Not always .
DSCN0714.JPG

I've seen fuel cell foam that's supposed to be e85 and alky safe. Don't have any first hand experience with it.

I've seen fuel cell foam that's supposed to be e85 and alky safe. Don't have any first hand experience with it.
ive read that if using normal gasoline fuel cell foam should be changed yearly...but if running race gas...not needed to change as frequent..unsure on newer technology ...