You can type here any text you want

Will a vacuum reservoir help hold more boost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo1962

I have the vacuum conversion kit, and i have a hard time holding 5psi of boost unless i use the E brake, will a vacuum reservoir help? all ready have the s10 wheel cylinders and new brakes.
Thanks

I have bled all the brakes three or four times new fluid new master cylinder new heavy duty wheel cylinders new brakes the drums do not have a ridge on them and i have adjusted the brakes to where i can barely get the drum on. and i still can not hold any boost. so i am missing something here. 2 pounds of boost pushes me with the front tires skidding so i am to the point where i dont know which way to go. I also have the brake vaccum line coming off the top of the pluem and a new check valve and new hoses. Can the rear shoes be giving me the problem they were just factory replacements? So I bought a vaccum can hoping this might help but i have not installed it yet

Do you have a line lock? It keeps the rear brakes from heating up during the burnout, makes for more holding power at the rear brake at the light.

Can the rear shoes be giving me the problem they were just factory replacements?

Kirban sells a special set of soft compound rear shoes. Part #6722.
The description sounds like what you are looking for. ;)

The rear shoes were the cheap rear replacements from advance auto.Maybe i have the wrong shoes?

Back