will higher grade gas help you pass emissions?

if any thing you want to add some denatured alky. that will help lean out the mix.

Dathan

I used to run my tank down to almost empty with an old GMC pickup truck I had and dump in a bunch of dry gas. Would always pass when I did that. Tried it once without it and failed!

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
I used to run my tank down to almost empty with an old GMC pickup truck I had and dump in a bunch of dry gas. Would always pass when I did that. Tried it once without it and failed!

How many bottles of dry gas did you put in?

Thanks

Used to put in three or four bottles of the stuff you pick up at the local 7-11. Your results will vary but it worked for me. Just make sure you don't run out of gas in line at emissions and fill up as soon as you are done getting tested.

I dont have any data to back this up, but the LOWER the grade of gas, the better your emissions should be. Lower octane burns hotter and more complete. This is the same reason they keep lowering the octane on the "high-grade" gasoline- it's down to 91 here in Vegas.

dry takes the moisture out of the fuel system good for the winter mon ths
deffinitly get the car hot i mean hot hot mine passed with no cat on the 3rd shot

You guys do know that dry gas is just plain old alcohol? You can buy a small jug for 99 cents while 1 small dry gas is like $1.19.

> I dont have any data to back this up, but the LOWER the grade of gas, the better your emissions should be.

My experience mimics this. Also, never go to emissions with old gas. Finally, one product that I did find actually lowered my emissions (besides dry-gas) is RxP. I think they had a web site for the stuff.