You can type here any text you want

Will it still run right?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

If I were to get some 55 lbs injectors and a Walboro 340 fuel pump with a hotwire kit could I sitll run the car with thos and the stock turbo? I just want to be able to drive it around a little bit (a few miles) to test and make sure everything is in working order. However I don't want it to supply too much fuel. This would be temporary until I got the PT54. Also what size stall would be good for this set up. I'm considering a 3000 stall. Does all of this sound like a good setup to run atleast mid 11s?

You run a modded ECM?

55's require a special modification to the ecm

Can you run them on a stock turbo given the correct chip..sure..

And why the jump to a 54?

Do this..get your car running 12.20's on the stock turbo, stock D5 .. then contemplate turbo.

And the tranny better not be the stocker.. if so, it wont last long under high pressure. So the converter gets polluted.

Not to question your motives, if you cant figure your car out on a stock turbo running lower 12's consistently, why get bigger.. making it harder to figure out.. then not realize your goals.

If your running low 12's already, my appologies.

Well I have been contemplating a lot of things. I was going to originally get some 009s and just use a TA49. THen I thought about using your Alky kit and tune for low 12s on the stock turbo. Can I run 23 lbs on your alky kit without upgrading my injectors? If so I will just go that way. The thing is I can't afford to go with one set of injectors and then upgrade. I want to just do a whole build up over the winter. Now that I think about it the PT54 will be too big I'll stick to the TA49 setup.

I didnt even baseline my driver,went straight to modding and everything added has given a good increase besides the scantool;)Ive definetely got something alot faster than a good running stock GN but ill probably never take it to the track to find out.Its my street car(009's,ta61,cai,ATR dp,pp,mease 24 row,76k stock longblock with valve springs,and Razors PAC).

I have Razors kit on both of my GN's,one a race car and the other a driver.Cant speak for the race car yet but with my driver it kicks ass.:D

I guess you could use alky as a 7th injector.Id like to put DS on my car and see what the DC is on the 009's and alky at the 30 psi im running:)Wideband says im at 11.8:1:cool:

Low 12's on alky with good tires.. on the stock turbo.. no problem. As long as the car is in tip top tune..and hooks..

Better have injectors, fuel pump, and a little exhuast work. Will also need a chip to complement the motor.

Been done by many. Nothing new. Thats what makes it so nice.. save your $$$ for other stuff.. like the tranny.

Here's a thread for your reading pleasure..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135781

Back