Will my set up go 7s in the 1/8?

ChrisTR

Im going to be taking my car to the track,this weekend and was wondering if my set up is good for 7s....

I have no idea if the block is stock bore,I know its been opened before,but thats all I know... So we'll just assume its stock block and heads...

TA-49 ,42.5 injectors,THDP,cut out,CK performance stage 1 trans,3000stall,TT chip,3" maf pipe,walbro pump,hot wired,adjustable FPR,intake spacer.... Stock intercooler... Ill be running slicks...No suspension mods... I can run 18lbs of boost on 93 with no knock.

The previous owner said he went 12.4 @ 109 on pump on 22lbs of boost,but I have no way to confirm that..

I am just curious as to what I can expect... Thanks for your time.

I stated that I couldnt confirm that...

So Ill have to run race gas,or alky to just run 7s???????? That sorta sucks..All three of my LS1 cars ran 7s on 92octane with minimal mods...Hell my civic went 97mph in the 1/8 on 92 octane.....

I think that these cars (TRs) may be a bit over hyped,as I am still rather new to them,but I was under the impression they were sorta fast.

So Ill have to run race gas,or alky to just run 7s???????? That sorta sucks..All three of my LS1 cars ran 7s on 92octane with minimal mods...Hell my civic went 97mph in the 1/8 on 92 octane.....

I think that these cars (TRs) may be a bit over hyped,as I am still rather new to them,but I was under the impression they were sorta fast.

Welcome to the world of boost, more air equals power, more power equals higher octane needed.. remember your LS1 has 8 cylinders and it has an alluminum block with alluminum heads which stays cooler, your civic also has an alluminum block and heads and probably is all gutted out and weights nothing, the TR is a V6 iron block with Iron heads and they weight close to 3,600 pounds with driver in them, you gotta pay to play. ;)

My civic was boosted....Like I said it went 97mph in the 1/8 on pump gas... This not even close to my first boosted car..

Alky is cheap for the gains you get, a lot more load to push around in a Buick.

If it is running good and tune is close it will def do 7's

The Civic was not gutted was full interior full weight car,but still a lot lighter then the Regal... It was higher compression (10.5:1)and still performed great on pump, made 386hp on 8lbs of boost and pump gas and 598hp on 24lbs and 110octane...

All I was saying is there was a lot of hype around the Regal being a fast car...But if you have to put $5000 into it to make it run with nearly stock newer cars,its probably not that fast..As you could do the same with a civic...

I in no way want to offend any one,Im just a bit disappointed in the performance of the car,was led to believe I could expect decent performance...

You are dealing with 20 year old technology and a pushrod engine (all iron). That is part of the fun in these cars. realizing what you can get out of what you are working with. No question the "newer" stuff performs well with little mods but it also has a lot of advanced technology there too. See how much 20+ year stuff perfoms as well as these cars and then see how many of those have 6 pistons! Just part of the fun. No offense here. Maybe go this route go this route........
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/gb0dy/?action=view&current=013-1.flv

I know right.To bad no body will pay **** for these cars right now....Now the POS wont even run!!!! No dash lights,tach lights nothing...SO ,since there are no idiot lights the freaking alternator isnt charging.....

sell the car.The modo with TRs is GOIN FAST WITH CLASS.I dont care if i had a civic that went low 6s in the 1/8 i would rather have my 7 sec buick. thats jus my opinion.

i dont know about everyone else but i have had 5.0 mustangs 5.7 gta and ls1 trans am.and dollar for dollar my turbo buick and tta was cheaper to mod and make go fast then any of my other cars.

Well thats funny,my car 5 so years ago with ONLY $300 hooker exhaust system,$50 K&N filter,$300 235 drag radials with 15lbs ran mid 13's all day long:rolleyes:That might not be that fast but when you compare it to the new Camaro,Challenger,Evo and Subaru it's right their with them.

Both of my LS1 TAs went bottom 8s in the 1/8,with just exhaust mods,on street tires....Thats a 12.4 range in the 1/4 not mid 13s.... My 98 vette went 7.6 completely stock except 100shot and DRs.. Less then $700 in mods..Hard to beat that dollar for dollar with a TR..... What does the whole "fast with class" even mean? My civic had the best parts money could buy....As did the 02 WS6,the other TA,and the C5 vette...

I took the car last weekend to the track on street tires,and it ran 8.7 @ 85 with a 2.45 60' I left with no boost,just loaded it to about 1k rpms... Spun bad when boost came on.... 15-16 lbs of boost..... Im excited to see what itll run with boost out of the whole and a decent 60' .... I did a couple rear suspension mods,so Im hoping with slicks,itll get close to 7s....

What does the whole "fast with class" even mean?

It's not the parts it's the full plush Buick Luxury Boat feel.

A simple change of Tires put me from 9.1 in the 1/8th down to 8.6. 60ft went from 2.4 to 1.8-1.9

Sounds like you are an unhappy Buick person so sell the car. These cars are unique and require a lot of effort. You can't just turn up the boost and go fast. Well maybe once. Anyway, it takes money, time, research and a lot of tuning, which I am not sure one is ever done with. Go back to your Honda or LS1 if they make you happy.

You stated to us,that if you have to put $5000 into it to make it run with nearly stock newer cars,its probably not that fast..
And like i said for the little money i drop into the car at that time i was just about the same or faster than some of the sport cars/muscle cars of todays cars.

I can gaurantee one thing if i had installed the alky kit and had left the stock exhaust and just installed a dumppipe my car could easly gone into the 12's for under $800.