Will my set up go 7s in the 1/8?

Your buick should run in the sevens with no problem as long as you have traction.I wouldnt waste my time at the track without slicks or drag radials.
What was the et with your civic?The ones I see running down the track have high et and high speed.(eg.8.8@96mph) I picked up a full second by just replacing my worn out posi.

Sounds like you are an unhappy Buick person so sell the car. These cars are unique and require a lot of effort. You can't just turn up the boost and go fast. Well maybe once. Anyway, it takes money, time, research and a lot of tuning, which I am not sure one is ever done with. Go back to your Honda or LS1 if they make you happy.

Thats what I said...A Buick guy will buy the car and have it running like hell:D

Your buick should run in the sevens with no problem as long as you have traction.I wouldnt waste my time at the track without slicks or drag radials.
What was the et with your civic?The ones I see running down the track have high et and high speed.(eg.8.8@96mph) I picked up a full second by just replacing my worn out posi.

You nailed the civic,it was 8.7 @96mph....Lowest boost setting,the more I turned it up the slower it went...:biggrin:

Everyone telling me tell sell the car, WTF.... All I was doing was asking questions and making an observation about my experiences with the other cars I have personally owned....

I stated in a couple posts back,that I was EXCITED about the new mods on the car and getting it back to the track....

It may be a waste of time to go to the track on street tires.... I was mostly there to support a small local track,that needs help growing,I made passes for giggles,never expected good numbers..

Both of my LS1 TAs went bottom 8s in the 1/8,with just exhaust mods,on street tires....Thats a 12.4 range in the 1/4 not mid 13s.... My 98 vette went 7.6 completely stock except 100shot and DRs.. Less then $700 in mods..Hard to beat that dollar for dollar with a TR..... What does the whole "fast with class" even mean? My civic had the best parts money could buy....As did the 02 WS6,the other TA,and the C5 vette...

I took the car last weekend to the track on street tires,and it ran 8.7 @ 85 with a 2.45 60' I left with no boost,just loaded it to about 1k rpms... Spun bad when boost came on.... 15-16 lbs of boost..... Im excited to see what itll run with boost out of the whole and a decent 60' .... I did a couple rear suspension mods,so Im hoping with slicks,itll get close to 7s....

My T-type ran 7.7's with a K&N, dump and DR's. Motor, turbo, Injectors, Intercooler, Trans, rear axle, body, interior, wheels, suspension were all stock.

Yes, I ran race gas :rolleyes:

With a TA49 and smaller injectors than yours, I ran 7.3's. Racegas is your friend.

My T-type ran 7.7's with a K&N, dump and DR's. Motor, turbo, Injectors, Intercooler, Trans, rear axle, body, interior, wheels, suspension were all stock.

Yes, I ran race gas :rolleyes:

With a TA49 and smaller injectors than yours, I ran 7.3's. Racegas is your friend.

Or Alky.

Not to be a dick but................

Both of my LS1 TAs went bottom 8s in the 1/8,with just exhaust mods,on street tires....Thats a 12.4 range in the 1/4 not mid 13s.... My 98 vette went 7.6 completely stock except 100shot and DRs.. Less then $700 in mods..Hard to beat that dollar for dollar with a TR..... What does the whole "fast with class" even mean? My civic had the best parts money could buy....As did the 02 WS6,the other TA,and the C5 vette...

/QUOTE]

I hope you're not trying to say just slap a cat back on a stock LS1 F-body and run 12.4x's because you and I BOTH know that's TOTAL bs. I've been messing with them since 98 myself so we don't even need to play in that sand box.

Moving on to a more positive note you proably should have done a bit more research on TR's and you would have seen they are not a car you just slap some parts on and go run some good times like a LS1 f-body. It takes a lot more seat time at the track,tuning and finding out what YOUR car likes.

My Previous 86 T with less mods than yours went 12.20 the ONLY time I took it to the track with race gas and had more in it but since I had no scan tool and had already taken a deposit on the car I didn't want to blow up another persons car. LOL.

Yours should be an easy hi 11 car once the bugs are worked out but it won't come overnight.

Oh and going fast with class has NOTHING to do with how much money you dump into a car.;)

/QUOTE]

I hope you're not trying to say just slap a cat back on a stock LS1 F-body and run 12.4x's because you and I BOTH know that's TOTAL bs. I've been messing with them since 98 myself so we don't even need to play in that sand box.

Moving on to a more positive note you proably should have done a bit more research on TR's and you would have seen they are not a car you just slap some parts on and go run some good times like a LS1 f-body. It takes a lot more seat time at the track,tuning and finding out what YOUR car likes.

My Previous 86 T with less mods than yours went 12.20 the ONLY time I took it to the track with race gas and had more in it but since I had no scan tool and had already taken a deposit on the car I didn't want to blow up another persons car. LOL.

Yours should be an easy hi 11 car once the bugs are worked out but it won't come overnight.

Oh and going fast with class has NOTHING to do with how much money you dump into a car.;)
My LS1s,where full exhaust cars,meaning longtube headers and both had true duals,with good tires... Alan Minga ( aminga) has been on this site for a long time,and he can vouch that Im not " BS ing" about any of my cars....

Im trying to,learn more and more about the TRs as I go,Im even looking to buy a meth kit,and see if I can get some respectable times...

My LS1s,where full exhaust cars,meaning longtube headers and both had true duals,with good tires... Alan Minga ( aminga) has been on this site for a long time,and he can vouch that Im not " BS ing" about any of my cars....

Im trying to,learn more and more about the TRs as I go,Im even looking to buy a meth kit,and see if I can get some respectable times...

Now your talking.

That's more like it. Long tubes, true duals, sticky tires, and tune I'm sure, mid 12's is totally doable. Even a little better with a stick car in good air.

You've got the parts to go into the 11's just need to figure the car out. No HYPE involved with it.

Chris, There's a guy out here in the MC selling a meth kit. Not sure if it's the one you want or not. :D

Chris,

I hear you man, I just saw my first dyno this sunday and to be straight up, 22 psi meth run on a 6776 only put down 370 or so, I put down 395 whp at 10 psi on a turbo maxima (pump gas) more available with race gas and more boost, ran 12.1s all day w slicks and was a highway killer hanging with proven high 11 second cars.

Now, on the other hand, I am a GN owner rookie I guess, less than 2 years. But I know very few cars, that you can take a completely stock engine, put heads on it (for the bigger valves) injectors, throw race gas in it with a cutout and a decent tune with good boost that will easily turn low11s with supporting gas needs. Granted that is not easy, and requires time . I know this, I have a GN that has a cam, heads, pt63, front mount, injectors, and barely ran a 12.7 @ 107 the first time out. But that was leaving with no boost (-5 vaccuum) and on real street tires.I think from what i have seen, these guys need race gas or methanol so you can get the most out of them.

But when i drive my regal, i feel like the sh*#. and i enjoy playing with it and seeing it get faster.

These v6s take an abuse man, all they really need are pistons.Good luck dude.

Chris,

I hear you man, I just saw my first dyno this sunday and to be straight up, 22 psi meth run on a 6776 only put down 370 or so, I put down 395 whp at 10 psi on a turbo maxima (pump gas) more available with race gas and more boost, ran 12.1s all day w slicks and was a highway killer hanging with proven high 11 second cars.

Hey Alvaro...watch what you say about my car :biggrin: remember I'm still on stock heads and cam and did run a 12.3 @ 114 with a bad tune and failing fuel pump on the top end. The GT6776e doesn't really start to wake up till 24+ psi...will support ~760hp and definitely needs heads and cam to work right...they are in my plans for sure...my reason for picking the 6776. Yeah now I realize I should have turned it up another 2-3psi but you tend to get a little gun shy after blowing your 1st head gasket ;)

chris i also have 94 corvette that runs 7.72 in 1/8 mile but i have head and new cam work done plus header 3 in exhaust and new manifold and some other things done that cost over $2800.00 and its only two seater on the other hand i have 87 gn that's is competely stock with 3 in down pipe and street radials and it runs 12.9 in quarter mile that included alot of tuning for only the cost of tires and down pipe about 600.00 and seat 5 easy this year i added e85 new fuel pump 2&1/2 hooker exhaust 55lbs injectors and k&n fair filter and megasquirt computer for the car. My friend and i did all the work ourself for around 900.00 dollars so i have 1500.00 in gn and we ran 11.53 in quarter mile last week so im 1000.00 ahead of the corvette and runing faster but tuning the cars is still the most inportant part

these cars can discourage the best of us..the best thing you can do is read ,read, and read some more. i have seen cars with big money parts run slow times and cars with very little run fast..Tuning is everything in these cars. take advice from the guys that have been messing with these cars for years..you may get different answers from these guys because everybody has their own way but it will help you. these cars are low buck if you stop at 11's but faster and you will break the bank:) ask me how i know....learn how to tune one and you will go faster than 7's in the 1/8..once you learn how to tune don't be afraid to turn the boost up....hth...Bob

Im just going to take things slow,and see what happens...

Im trying to buy an alky kit now,I think that with what I already have and a little tunning will be a damn solid street ride.

I bought a 99 SS camar new an put slp long tubes maf hig flow cats an borla cat back exhaust on it ... best was 13.21 those cars dont hve torque just hp. Next step was supercharger since i wasnt going in the engine procharger wanted abt 5600 i said f that an bought a buick. My buick has stock long block upgraded TE60 turbo inj intercooler stall an ran 7.30 in the 1/8 on short 275/50/15's ..... If you dont like your car sell it ... I know what car is faster for the $$$

good

Im just going to take things slow,and see what happens...

Im trying to buy an alky kit now,I think that with what I already have and a little tunning will be a damn solid street ride.

alky has took these cars to the next level..be sure and put a wideband on your list..i will not try and tune without a wideband..i have a plx-300..it has worked great for 5 or so years now.good luck.Bob

I bought a 99 SS camar new an put slp long tubes maf hig flow cats an borla cat back exhaust on it ... best was 13.21 those cars dont hve torque just hp. Next step was supercharger since i wasnt going in the engine procharger wanted abt 5600 i said f that an bought a buick. My buick has stock long block upgraded TE60 turbo inj intercooler stall an ran 7.30 in the 1/8 on short 275/50/15's ..... If you dont like your car sell it ... I know what car is faster for the $$$

Never said I didnt like the car or wanted to sell it.....

Just was a little disappointing at first..... I am 100% sure Im not the first person to be somewhat dissapointed in a car...

Im also surprised by the number of responses to sell the car...

I have had 10 F bodies,over the years,I know those cars..... Im new to the Regals,so I will figure them out over time...

The f body guys are a lot less hostile,to people questioning the cars.Without the "just sell it" " fast with class"

A lot of you guys have been very helpful...Thanks to those...

When i bought my 99 SS M6 vert i posted on the forums maybe 2 months an realized it wasnt for me, People here were alot older an more helpful