Will my set up go 7s in the 1/8?

When i bought my 99 SS M6 vert i posted on the forums maybe 2 months an realized it wasnt for me, People here were alot older an more helpful

I totally agree with that the f-body crowd seemed a lot younger. Some advice was great....some was downright terrible. In there defense LS1tech had a lot more smiles to choose from:D

I stated that I couldnt confirm that...

So Ill have to run race gas,or alky to just run 7s???????? That sorta sucks..All three of my LS1 cars ran 7s on 92octane with minimal mods...Hell my civic went 97mph in the 1/8 on 92 octane.....
I think that these cars (TRs) may be a bit over hyped,as I am still rather new to them,but I was under the impression they were sorta fast.

All I was saying is there was a lot of hype around the Regal being a fast car...But if you have to put $5000 into it to make it run with nearly stock newer cars,its probably not that fast..As you could do the same with a civic...
I in no way want to offend any one,Im just a bit disappointed in the performance of the car,was led to believe I could expect decent performance...

Never said I didnt like the car or wanted to sell it.....

Just was a little disappointing at first..... I am 100% sure Im not the first person to be somewhat dissapointed in a car...

Im also surprised by the number of responses to sell the car...

I have had 10 F bodies,over the years,I know those cars..... Im new to the Regals,so I will figure them out over time...

The f body guys are a lot less hostile,to people questioning the cars.Without the "just sell it" " fast with class"

If I were to go onto any F-body board and say the same things what do you think they would say?

On the big GTO board I'd be called a Troll (not saying you are). I once mentioned I was sorta getting bored with the GTO and would need to drop another 5k to run 10.90's on motor and got flame sprayed.:eek: I even had women telling me to sell the car and I've been on the board 5 yrs and have the 3rd fastest cam only GTO in the country.

IMO this is the most helpful car board on the net.

Im just going to take things slow,and see what happens...

Im trying to buy an alky kit now,I think that with what I already have and a little tunning will be a damn solid street ride.

I was wrong Hubcap ran 7.70 on alky with a setup similar to yours on 20 PSI.

When i bought my 99 SS M6 vert i posted on the forums maybe 2 months an realized it wasnt for me, People here were alot older an more helpful

I dont think most telling me,to just sell the car,is being helpful...

I asked some questions,stated my opinion on my experiences thus far with the car and with past cars,and got some good responses and some not so much....

I got close to 7s today....

Went a 8.2 @ 88 on street tires.... 22lbs of boost on alky...0 boost of the line....

I cant wait to take it back on some slicks.and build some boost....

Went a 8.2 @ 88 on street tires.... 22lbs of boost on alky...0 boost of the line....

Car looked good except it was wheelhopping like crazy about 30 ft out

Told you that GNS performance front tag was good for 2 tenths

It wont wheel hop on some softer tires right?

I think my street tires had like 40psi in them......Yikes..

It wont wheel hop on some softer tires right?

I think my street tires had like 40psi in them......Yikes..

Mine doesn't but I've got urethane bushings and boxed stock control arms. When you put the Aftermarket arms did you replace the bushings with urethane.

Just to give you an idea.When I have a bad launch and spin bad my car will run a 8.21 @89. When it hooks really good it has gone 7.33 with nothing else changed.Good tires can make a huge difference.

Getting there.

What was the 60ft? With the amount of Torque these things make DR's will put you in the 7's I'm sure.

60' were in the 2.1 -2.2 range... I was leaving with 0 boost,just loading the car up to about 1100rpms ,easing out and then smashing it about 20-30 feet out... I think they may of been causing the wheel hop aminga is talking about...

Im happy with the times for street tires,I also was having to run through the 2 1/4' crush bent exhaust because my cut out motor died...

Told you that GNS performance front tag was good for 2 tenths
I see he must have gotten one of our "Speed Plates" !! :biggrin:;)

PS: For what it's worth I have pretty much the same set up as (Chris) and it's running in the 7's without Alky or Race gas!!! ;) Front mount intecooler & tuning is your friend!!!

SW.

Thats awesome on the 7s without alky.... And yeah the front plate really woke the car up..lol

My first thoughts were to use a front mount to get a couple more pounds of boost with cooler temps. I still think I will add one on top of having the alky..

60' were in the 2.1 -2.2 range... I was leaving with 0 boost,just loading the car up to about 1100rpms ,easing out and then smashing it about 20-30 feet out... I think they may of been causing the wheel hop aminga is talking about...

Im happy with the times for street tires,I also was having to run through the 2 1/4' crush bent exhaust because my cut out motor died...

Proably see some 7.70's or better with a good tire.

I went 7's this past weekend on a pretty crappy run for the most part...

3rd pass: (recorded boost 22-23 psi...trans brake ~5 psi hooked no spin) This run was a mess as far as the power logger data goes...never floored the pedal (TPS maxed at 3.38 then dropped to 3.09) shifted past drive to OD, let off some when I felt the car shift into OD...RPM only got to 5000 for a very short moment just before it shifted into OD...most of the run was 4600-4800. Both previous runs RPM were about 5200 most of the pass.

Turned out to be my best pass to date do to the 1.9 60ft via a mild trans brake launch.

12.136 ET
113.57 MPH
1.902 60FT
7.810 1/8 ET
92.63 1/8 MPH

-Scott