wilwood brake kit

hotrod275315

hotrod275315
just a quick question... anyone have the Wilwood 4 piston brake kit, 140-2508-B, and will it work under the stock 15" T-type and GN wheels??? thanks

Wilwood Brakes

POWER BRAKE SERVICE IS A W.D. for Wilwood. They don't have a rear brake kit for the G.N.'S, because they don't feel it is a "racing" rear axle.. I could give you pricing, if you like. They have a choice of drilled rotors, and polished or powdercoated calipers. There isn't a gain in piston area with their 4 pistons, though, it sounds good. They have a 2.75" alum caliper, to replace the stock 2.5" caliper. The Wilwood rotor is sturdier, though. The Hydroboost would be a perfect complement to the brake upgrade. The stock caliper is made of cast steel, and is sturdier than an alum caliper, under high pressure. High pressure inside a caliper is like a hydraulic jack, jacking it apart.

I just want to make sure the caliper will clear the back of the stock rims since it is a large 4 piston taking the place of the single stock piston and I dont want to have to run a wheel spacer....and if you have the wilwoods installed, can you see the caliper thru the rims??? thanks

I just want to make sure the caliper will clear the back of the stock rims since it is a large 4 piston taking the place of the single stock piston and I dont want to have to run a wheel spacer....and if you have the wilwoods installed, can you see the caliper thru the rims??? thanks
are you still active here , i had a question