You can type here any text you want

Windshield molding clips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
I am looking for the clips preferably in metal. I did a search and I couldn't find any thing. Can someone help me out here?

That are available in plastic.
I've never seen metal.
I bought a box a few years ago when restoring my car.

There are different sizes and they look the same. I brought one of my old ones for proper sizing.

D

Kirban has correct plastic clips and they work well as I used them yesterday!

If the glass guy puts too much glue on, the clips won't work. Have to pull windshield and reglue it.

Doesn't look like there is too much glue. The limited searchI did it seems that the metal ones are better than the plastic ones. I'll look at Kirnan's site. Thanks.

If the glass guy puts too much glue on, the clips won't work. Have to pull windshield and reglue it.

That was the case on the GN yesterday, but I used a razor knife to trim the glue from the area around the clips.

^^^^^That's what was on the car. The guy said it was not legal anymore to use that stuff. Sort of black silicone looking. The new stuff is a 2 part epoxy. Loads of space for the clips. Even bought the new under molding plastic/weatherstripping too so it came out real nice. Windshield has the built in antenna. Plus the guy primered the valley where the clips are as a rust inhibitor. Was starting to get some minor surface rust.

Back