Windshield wiper fluid for alky?

sabersaw30

Has anybody ever tried this I got a friend with a neon that says it works awesome.I am sure it has alky in it but haven't never heard anything like this.

It will work, but it is only 10% alky, 90% water........that's all you need in a Neon!!!!

In applications that cannot be tuned, it is used. Like if you had a Jaguar, Mercedes, Dodge Neon, Nissan, Volkswagen, Yugo, etc..

Its water injection. A small nozzle will allow some more boost and timing.

Methanol injection allows "a lot more" boost and timing on applications you can tune(Ie chip in computer).

I would use windshield washer fluid "IF" I had no other choice. If I have the choice, straight methanol is easier to tune and allows a lot more headroom for mistakes.

Putting a wing on your deck lid works awesome too.. in some car circles. ;)

Back in the nineties I had one of the early Jay Carter kits, and used windscreen washer fluid and water.

Here in the UK getting good octane petrol was difficult and we used to use Toluene (until we realised how dangerous it was) and then Xylene as octane boosters.

I once stupidly forgot to empty the boot (trunk) in the GN after I got to the track as tech inspection had started early so just wheeled around into the queue. When the tech inspector opened the boot he reeled back in shock, claiming the car was a bomb :smile:

We found that with five litres of Xylene and the 'alky' kit we could snuff out detonation completely, even allowing for the boost creep my car was prone to.

The pressure switch was set to 10 psi of boost and you had to be careful not to trigger the injection while doing a burnout as the engine would load up and be really doggy on launch. I set up a switch to kill the pump while burning out then back on for launch. Because we raced so often, the 'alcohol' never really had a chance to back flow out of the pipes.

It would on the street though over a period of time, you just had to lay into it to about 15psi of boost for a few seconds then you were good to go.

I see now, though, that things are way more sophisticated.

All the best

Edit: just realised Jay Carter is a moderator on here. Hello, Jay.