Winter storage

SS/GN

Well the summer was a blast with my new kit, but winter is here and the car is being put on stands.:( What is the best way to winterize the system? My shop never gets below freezing. Thanks in advance
Kevin

From Razor:

1)Unhook hose from nozzle.
2)Put hose into container
3)Turn ignition ON and push test button. Putting Gain knob on 8 makes it flow a little faster.
4)When no more alcohol comes out... fill tank with windshield washer fluid rated to the storage temp. Car will see -10.. get -20 washer fluid.
5) using test button run system until blue washer fluid comes out of hose
6)Reconnect hose.. your done.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/correct-way-to-winterize-alki-injection.386296/

Thanks, my concern with the windshield washer fluid is that is has alcohol in it . The other thing I have noticed it leaves a chalky residue when left sitting and actually leaves a blue stain on plastics. Would water be a better option if freezing is not a problem??

if you are sure there will be no freezing - water is fine. I would use distilled water but that's just me.........
I live in a cold climate, heated garage but if power goes out - no backup and freezing! So I just leave meth
in it. It gets started and toyed around during the winter so meth is not just sitting. I also have Razor rebuild
pump every couple years. Not recommending this to anyone, just what I do....seems to work for me! :)

I leave mine as-is with straight meth. I don't drain it or put anything extra in it and never had a problem last year.

ks