Wireless Networking Question...........

Dwayne

Narrow A$$ Racing
Trying to help the F.I. out......he has a Netgear wireless N 300 router in his home, he has 5 devices hooked to wirelessly......when trying to hook up number 6 it wont work.......does he need an access point to hook up more devices ?.............I tried entering the IP address manually but to no avail.

You need check his DHCP restrictions but I cant see that it would be set up for only 5 clients.

He said AT&T (his IP provider) told him that 5 is all the router could handle...........I'm calling BS on that.

Like Jay said, they may have the router hard coded to only give out 5 IP addresses. The router could easily handle more but they provider may not want you to. :)

Usually, you can browse the router's settings by entering http://192.168.1.1 Once there, check the DHCP restrictions as Jay previously stated...

Google the modem part number and Im sure you can find the default logins for the modem and the majority of the time, they dont change them.

If its that locked down, you might be better off with a standalone router anyway.