Wiring question?

1QUICK85

Big Old Turbo Turd!!
I just hooked up my Ramcharger fans to a switch. I ran the fans the whole time I was test driving her around town last night and the car ran right around 160 to 165 the whole time.

Question: The fans got four wires green, yellow, black, and black.

The two blacks are grounds.
Is the yellow the low speed for the fans?
Is the green the high speed for the fans?

I have them hooked up with the yellow and green going to one wire and then to my switch. The fans seemed louder to me this way then either one of the wires by themselves. And I did not start a fire;)

Is that correct or not? Is there a benefit of having the two different speeds? I though I would probably just need the one speed.........HIGH! Any suggestions?

I love the fans I think they work awesome in my car! I just have a V6 replacement radiator....ya i know should have gone with a V8....damn me and my little knowledge:D But I did get the Flowkooler water pump, she seems to be helping cool the pig too!

Is is safe to turn the fans on when i am on the freeway? Dont think I would have to but just in case? Maybe this is were the low speed would work better when the A/C is on and i am cruising at 75 mph????:confused:

Thanks for the help guys

Nick

Nick, it sounds like you're making serious cooling progress!

Sorry I can't answer your question about the high/ low wire colors, but I can tell you a little about my setup. I used the Caspers relay. The fan runs whenever the accessories get power, I live in Arizona and it gets HOT ! The fans are always on.

I believe the chip program will control the fans outside of an on/off toggle switch. Do you want maximum cooling? If so, then high speed is the setting for you :) . Also the freeway or A/C shouldn't be an issue. Glad to hear your running cool.

i am trying to find a male plug for the fans. could you tell me where to get them? i would run mine on high all the time. i am going to get a fuse block from a w-body olds in a junk yard for my gauges and fan.

andy