You can type here any text you want

With Ebay you can buy anything! Check this out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am really bored at work.

I need to do something that is exciting.
Wish I could win powerball :)

I could buy a fleet of GNX's & GN's from mild to wild.
I would love to have a 7 or 8 second GN to blast down the track.

Somone slap me so I can come back to reality.

I was watching something about urban myths on MTV and it said someone was actually trying to sell 20 kilos of cocaine on ebay:eek:

That has to be a farce. Ad reads like it was written by a 6th grader. They don't even mention the name of the ship. It is is bid up to 8 million? Doubt if it is legit.

Im not sure if its real or not. It *looks* like its the Royal Navy Vengeance carrier. As of one writing, still schedule to serve until 2003 (which would be last year, I guess. :) ) Found this on a Royal Navy site with pics. Looks to be the same boat.... Only 2 RN carriers built by Swan and Hunter.

Vengeance
71 - R64 - 71 - R71
"Q"
Photos: [Vengeance as completed], [Vengeance in service], [As HMAS Vengeance], [As Minas Gerais], [Minas Gerais in the 1990's.] [Minas Gerais in the 1990's.]

Built by Swan Hunter. Laid down 16 Nov 1942, launched 23 Feb 1944, commissioned 15 Jan 1945.
Served in the Mediterranean, then in the Pacific. RN designation changed to R64 circa 1945 for service in the Pacific; returned to previous designation postwar. Participated in cold-weather trials in the Arctic 1948-49; troop transport and aircraft ferry 1951-52. Designation changed to R71 under NATO designation system. Refitted early 1950's and loaned to Australia 13 November 1952 as HMAS Vengeance.

In Australian service she initially served as a training carrier, then a first-line carrier starting late 1953, then returned to training in 1954. Decommissioned and returned to RN 13 Aug 1955 and placed in reserve upon return.

Sold to Brazil 12 Dec 1956; underwent extensive refit at Rotterdam 6/1957-12/1960: angled deck added, new elevators installed, new island, all new aircraft operations and support equipment and electronics outfit; carried 10 40 mm guns. Recommissioned 6 December 1960 as Minas Gerais (A11). First operated as a strike/ASW carrier, then as an ASW-only ship.

Refitted 1976-1980 but laid up 1987 due to catapult problems. Refitted 1991-1993, recommissioned 10/1993; catapult repaired by 1996. During the 1990's operated only ASW helicopters, due to lack of suitable fixed-wing aircraft. Mistral SAM fitted to replace AA guns in 1994. Scheduled to serve through 2003.

[Back To Top]

http://www.hazegray.org/navhist/carriers/uk_light.htm#r71

the ad........

That is quite the ad............if it has so much potential why don't they buy it???????? :confused: Drew

Portable 1/8 mile dragstrip. Shutdown area is a little suspect. Maybe we could convince the Fords it is a 1/4 mile long!!!:D :D

Back