won,t spin tires

hcox10

hi
i have a 84 ttype hot air .when i am stopped and brake and acellerate at the same time it will not spin the tires
it has a lot of power otherwise.is there somthing wrong.
thanks harold:confused:

well depending what your tire size is what converter you got and how your rear brakes are setup all can have a effect on this.

won't spin tires

I had the same problem about 1 year ago. My problem was when i got my tranny rebuilt i asked the builder if he could make my converter a 2000 stall; Well turbo buicks factory stall is about 2200 rpm, so i actually got less converter stall and it would not let the turbo spool up enough to make any power. I got my extra 3000 stall converter and installed it; let me tell you! night and day difference. So in conlclusion I believe you don't have enough stall.

hi
the 3000 stall converter does it make quicker on low and high end how much do they cost.
thanks harold

HCOX10- I had my 2004R rebuilt with a 2800 stall converter. It broke the tires loose and that gets you nowhere. Went to Mickey Thompson drag radials in order to hook in. Spinning tires is useless -looks and sounds great -but it gets you nowhere fast. My 2 cents- Brad

spinning tires.

It's not about spinning the tires, It's about having the horsepower to do it. If you can build up horsepower to spin the tires you'll have more horsepower at launch. Knowing how to control it is another matter.

wont spin tires

hi
luisterbog you are correct if the 3000 stall gives more power thats what i want.
thanks harold

wont spin tires

hi
if you look real hard there is about a 1 in. hair line crack on the pass. side i am pretty stupid about the hot air so what does the crack mean.
thanks harold

wont spin tires

hi
if you look real hard there is about a 1 in. hair line crack on the pass. side i am pretty stupid about the hot air so what does the crack mean. i forgot to say it is the manifold
thanks harold

It means that you are probably losing exhaust pressure out that crack. Any lost exhaust pressure will inhibit turbo spool up.

Have it welded up. No biggie.