Wondering if my 285 Super High Volume will support E85

DMAC

I purchased a new 285 Supera high volume fuel pump with hot wire that I am getting ready to install, Will this be enough to support E85 ? I plan on adding bigger injectors and maybe bigger fuel lines as well

We don't know anything about your car or setup. How can we answer this? What is a "285 Supera" pump?

Thanks for your feedback , I havent installed it yet , and since I have a lot of E85 stations in my area , I want to install one that gives me the options. I have 55lb injectors but from what I have read I need at least a 85lbs.

Running a stock turbo now but going to move to a 6262 turbo and with 87 intake and IC

QUOTE=GNVYUS 1;2841239]Racetronix - 23221-46110 - Fuel Pump - 285L/Hr HP 51mm
Supra MK4 pump, good pump, doesn't like E85.

Without knowing any of your mods, like Jasjamz said, we can't help much. Hopefully you're not running anything bigger than a 58mm turbo or you're going to need some help with fuel volume at high psi.[/QUOTE]

Pointless to use my 55lb injectors ?

I hate to hear that about my pump I sunk around 160 in this . Thanks for the feedback is there a concensus on the best drop in e85 compatible pump?

Pointless to use my 55lb injectors ?

I hate to hear that about my pump I sunk around 160 in this . Thanks for the feedback is there a concensus on the best drop in e85 compatible pump?

Prob the DeatschWerks DW301. It is rated for E85 and has a 3-year warranty. I have attached a plot with the fuel requirements of 85 #/hr injectors @ 85% dc (roughly 72 #/hr) and 25 psi boost on the same chart as some pump data. You will notice the DW300 fuel supply just barely equals or exceeds the injector fuel requirements at 60 psi. This means total fuel pressure will have to be limited to 60 psi (35 psi base + 25 psi boost, for example) in order for it to work with 85 #/hr injectors. Duty cycle will need to be limited to less than 85'ish %.

You will need for low-speed operation to be re-tuned for 35 psi base. Whoever does your chip can do this (or if you have T-plus). The ECM will compensate in closed-loop for 35 psi base, the trims will a little off. Cold starting and open-loop idle will not be ideal if you don't compensate in the chip for 35 psi base.

This assumes no fuel line or system losses, so actual safety margin may be very small.
With more voltage to the pump, the situation would be even better.

Attachments

• PumpTest.jpg
    PumpTest.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 136