You can type here any text you want

Won't crank after front seal repair

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

poppy1440

Hello, I guess I got tired of the car running well so I decided to fix a front seal leak I've had for a while.

I put everything back together and now it just spins over.

I did not prime the oil pump. I contacted Mr. Earlbrown and he feels that I should be ok not priming because of the quality of his build on the front cover and I agree because I've had this cover for a while and I am very pleased.

I think that maybe I have installed the cam sensor 180 out although I really don't see how I could have because when I removed the cam sensor I set it a 25 after TOD and I used a permanent marker and made marks so it would go back in the exact way and I put a pair of vise grips on the flywheel to keep it from moving. I also used the cam sensor alignment tool that plugs in with the light on it. I plugged it in before I removed the cam sensor and the light came on. The light also came back on after I re-installed it which makes me believe that it went right back in the same way.

I've triple checked all the connections.
I've checked and it does have gas.
I've checked the fuel is prim
I just wanted to see if ya'll had any ideas b4 I pull the cam sensor again.

Question #1 Even if the pump isn't primed shouldn't the car start.
Question #2 Even if the cam sensor is 180 out shouldn't the car start but run like crap.

Thanks in advance

I am going to follow the crank sensor install procedure on vortexbuick.
I wasn't aware that there was a procedure to install crank sensor when I installed it. I just put it on and made sure the slots would travel through without hitting it and torqued it down.
modify_inline.gif

There is a spec. for the air gap between the sensor and reluctor. They sell the tool, its a plastic feeler gauge sorta thing.
I don't recall who mine is made by, I bought it from the tool guy at work.

The crank sensor was out of adjustment. I don't have the tool to set it but I positioned it perfectly in the middle and it is not touching on either side on either of the blades on the re-lucter wheel but it still won't start.

I pulled a plug and placed it on the hedder and I do not have spark.

Just throwing some possibility; is the orange wire behind the battery disconnected?
Also, I'm not judging Earlbrown's timing cover, and I heard many positive feedback on them, but I would still prime the oil pump just to make sure you have oil pressure.

Yes, the ecm wire is connected.

I think I will prime the pump since I have to pull the cam sensor back out to check that it is installed correctly anyway.

You also might want to check the engine cam sensor female prong's are not push back or corroded.

Back