You can type here any text you want

Won't Idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RL1

Anyone have any ideas on why I can't keep this idling? I's hard to start without giving it throttle and if I take my foot off the throttle it dies. Also oil pressure drops to 8 pounds at idle after running on the highway, pressure picks back up when raising the rpm. All this occurred sense summer like weather started.

It takes a computer. No chip. F.A.S.T. system. I guess I should mention it's modified. Stroked and bored, port and polished, ( intake and heads ) girdled, 210/210 cam, 60#injectors , 6062 turbo , larger intercoooler (stock location) and alky.
It has about 10,000 miles on it. The work was done for me, but now everyone seems to be busy so........ looks like I've got to do this on my own.....going to have to learn fast it's a daily driver.

What Rick asked??^^^^
Do you have the software disc, and the cable? If no on the program, d/l it off the website.
Once you get that, post the tune and a data log...Some guru's can likely spot the issue.

Give a quick once over of the vacuum lines. Specially the one that goes to the map sensor. That should have its own designated line. Shouldn't be t'd with other things.

I really want to thank both of you for giving me advise. No, I don't have the software for it, but I will d/l it . Vacuum lines appear to be okay. It sat for 2 days started and runs fine, drive about 30 to 40 miles and it does it again. Wondering if it could be the o2 sensor, it's the heated kind. I don't think it's the coil for the ignition system, I'm running a TR6. I'm going to charge up the laptop and try to d/l that program.

The O2 for the FAST is a wideband. All WB'S I've used are heated. You get the software up and running, put it in open loop and see what happens.
A post of the tune and data log.

Back