Wont shift at WOT????

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
My car has just had the trans rebuilt, and now it will not shift from first to second at WOT. I have checked the gov. spring, and even put the set screw in for added weight, and to get rid of future problems. Also i have replaced the TV cable, and have tried all sorts of settings with it. Some simptoms that i have noticed is that the trans does not lockup in OD until i start to roll in to the throttle only at highway speeds (60-70), and that when it is not shifting if i let up even the smallest bit it will shift into second. I have a "shift kit", trans cooler, with alto red bands, and kolene steel a also if that helps.

Thanks, Dan

drop the pan and check the 2nd gear accumalator it is the silver round thing at the back of the trans 4 bolts hold it up you dont have to take the valve body down to get at it. I had a the same problem it turn out that the spring
was broke. or yours might be missing.

You are going to have to take the valvebody down and make sure all the check balls are in the right place. I have used shift kits from everyone but the best one is from PTS extreme come with everything even a new seperator plate with all the holes drill out easy install. trans go has a million and one parts. what trans pan are you using? and did you check the line pressure to make sure you are not running the pan dry?

Daniel Jost said:
My car has just had the trans rebuilt, and now it will not shift from first to second at WOT. and that when it is not shifting if i let up even the smallest bit it will shift into second.

Thanks, Dan
Will it shift into third at wide open throttle? If not,you'll need to put a weaker spring in the valve body with the T.V. limit valve. This will lower the T.V. pressure and allow it to shift at W.O.T.

It will shift at WOT fine in third gear, and i will soon be checking Trans Pressures. Does anyone have a diagram of where the GN balls are supposed to go, are they specific to the GN trans only?