WORK BRAND NEW Ball Bearing 7268 G4 1,100hp in a Buick 3 Bolt Housing Turbo! $2,250

Rob your car is awesome, congrats! That car would be crazy with an 8285 turbo, i can see 160 to 170 mph. Cheers
It has 160 to 162mph in it with the 7270. I was still turning it up and my trans went out. 1st has been slipping for the last handful of runs.

Ron Bailey's car used the WORK 7268 and made over 30rwhp more than the other PTE 6870, which helped him win his class at the Nats.

Just about any 3 bolt car that is maxed out with their PTE 6870 and limited by class rules, will benefi from this WORK 7268...but don't take my word for it...ask the guy who won his class at Nats...
So the next question is how is spool up vs the 6870?

Rob i would assume you are using a Precision or Bison 7270 turbo, shame the trans went south on you. Look forward to seeing your combo pushed. lol

Less backpressure for sure. I believe I have a fix for the 70 turbine back pressure issue on the 3 bolt housing. At 28psi and close to 1200hp, i am at 1.64:1.

I am asking you WHY does it have less backpressure?

You said you had an idea as to why the 7268 made more power. I would like to please know why, specifically was the idea you had as to why it made more power?

So the next question is how is spool up vs the 6870?

Per Ron's tuner/car builder..

Turbo spooled slightly slower than the PTE and needed some more timing on the 2step.

He said on the street if you're rolling into the boost, "I doubt anyone would notice".

They said after they tuned to adjust for the turbo's design, "it hit hard".

When I asked if it hit harder than the PTE unit, Ron said "Ya for sure..i will never go back"

I suppose converting someone from PTE to WORK would be a pretty good way to describe how well it performed...

Im betting some secrets are kept secret..... which is why his car is faster then anyone else's.

You said you had an idea as to why the 7268 made more power. I would like to please know why, specifically was the idea you had as to why it made more power?

Less backpressure due to how the housing was machined. I found the flaw in the way the 3 bolt housings are being machined for the 70 turbine and I fixed it.

Less backpressure due to how the housing was machined. I found the flaw in the way the 3 bolt housings are being machined for the 70 turbine and I fixed it.

Maybe in some cases, but not in this one.

It has to do with the amount of turbine blades.

It is what separates this WORK Turbo from the rest.

Maybe in some cases, but not in this one.

It has to do with the amount of turbine blades.

It is what separates this WORK Turbo from the rest.
Send me one of those turbos and I will put that theory to the test. I knew that is what you would say. I managed to lower backpressure making 250 more hp with the 10 blade 70 turbine.

Send me one of those turbos and I will put that theory to the test. I knew that is what you would say. I managed to lower backpressure making 250 more hp with the 10 blade 70 turbine.

The 7268 has 1 less turbine wheel blade for the wheel design.

1 less blade= that much more physical space available for air to travel inside the housing.

The more room for air to travel inside the housing, the more the wheel can spin without being choked, since it now has *that* much more space to work with (the physical space that would have been occupied by the blade).

This increased space allows the wheel to remain efficient for longer, compared to the PTE turbine wheel which has more blades.

Less blades=less restriction=more airflow=more efficient.

If you want to pay dealer cost, I will give you one for my cost for you to try out and report your findings on.

When the turbo was directly swapped from a PTE 6870 and no other modifications were done to the engine, and on back-to-back passes on the dyno the WORK Turbo made 30rwhp MORE, it isn't a theory anymore.

When Reed released this turbo and I spent time with him understanding why the turbine wheel design was critical, I tried to tell everyone that this turbo would be a game-changer...yet no one listened to lil 'ol me..

Except Ron and Tim Bailey. Fortunately for them, they took the chance before their race weekend, and it ended up helping them get the win.

What more proof do you guys want?

PTE is no longer the king when it comes to making power on these cars. There is a new player in town.

The 6870 has been faster than your 7268 and thats a fact. One car picked up with it. There are alot of factors that play into that. Especially when the car wasnt maxing out a 6870. This doesnt mean everybody with a 6870 should throw them in the dumpster and buy a 7268. I have concerns with the 7268, as I was actually there in BG watching. There was a quicker car in the class that has a 6870.

The 6870 has been faster than your 7268 and thats a fact. One car picked up with it. There are alot of factors that play into that. Especially when the car wasnt maxing out a 6870. This doesnt mean everybody with a 6870 should throw them in the dumpster and buy a 7268. I have concerns with the 7268, as I was actually there in BG watching. There was a quicker car in the class that has a 6870.

I am trying to make one point, and one point only; there is a genuinely viable alternate option to PTE turbos for Buick racers.

There is no surprise that a turbo that has been out for quite some time now, run by literally every other racer out there in this class, has gone faster than the turbo that was used on a car in this race class for the first time ever this past event.

Was that not so obvious that it actually required stating it, because so many people would all of a sudden think that everyone has been using WORK turbos all this time, and not PTE, so they would forget which turbo has gone faster?

Ah. I remember why I stopped posting.

Yea, I'll see you guys in another couple months.

Same old BS by Marlyskater here pushing his vendor products at the expense of others. He comes in bragging about this turbo and when confronted he runs and blames the guys on this board. Did he mention any other classes and which turbos those winners used, i watched the video and Ron cut a great light off the line to win his class.

Rob mentioned there are many factors that goes into going fast not only turbos : ie tuning, injectors, intercoolers, fuel management, stall converts, transmission, compression, heads, engine build and the list goes on.

I am sure WORK, Borg Warner and others build a good turbo but Precision is and was the standard for most buick guys.

Not taking anything away from Ron and his win. I dont know what happened that ginal round, but Melissa's car was quicker. Plenty of other turbos work. Out of the 3 TSM cars to run 8s this year, one had a Borg unit on it. I was the only 3 bolt turbo in the 8s in BG, so it comes down to combo. Right now I have guys asking me if they should sell their 6870s and buy a 7268 and they are nowhere near the level Ron is at. There is misinformation being used here to sell a product to make money and I wont allow it. You are hard pressed to find a turbo that spools as easy as a 6870 on a 109 and offer 8 sec power. That added power you may gain on the dyno will have a hard time making up for lost 60'.

Same old BS by Marlyskater here pushing his vendor products at the expense of others. He comes in bragging about this turbo and when confronted he runs and blames the guys on this board. Did he mention any other classes and which turbos those winners used, i watched the video and Ron cut a great light off the line to win his class.

Rob mentioned there are many factors that goes into going fast not only turbos : ie tuning, injectors, intercoolers, fuel management, stall converts, transmission, compression, heads, engine build and the list goes on.

I am sure WORK, Borg Warner and others build a good turbo but Precision is and was the standard for most buick guys.

At the expense of others?

Runs and blames others?

You do realize this is MY thread in the Advertiser Special's section, right?

As for other classes, as far as I am aware, Ron is the only person to use this turbo.

Are you suggesting that I failed to mention that WORK Turbos didn't win races, because no one was using them? (That I am aware)

Keen observation.

There are a plethora of factors that played into Ron's win.

My point was specifically this: On Ron's car, when they did back to back tests on the dyno, the WORK turbo made 30rwhp more than the PTE, with nothing being changed.

No one can make any claim with substance to it that a singular aspect of their vehicle was prominently responsible for the success. It is the compilation and combination of the parts together that breeds success.

I have not stated otherwise.

Variety is the spice of life, and we are all free to choose our own favorite turbocharger manufacturer. This is what makes America great.

I'm sure people were happy to choose Edison's DC invention when Tesla was promoting his AC, and Americans were free to decide which they wanted to support; Edison won the popular approval, compared to Tesla's AC invention...not that AC has ever been any significant contribution to the American way of life...

Do I need to post a picture of me reading this thread, to disprove your snarky and dimwitted accusation that I am removing myself from the conversation once I was asked certain questions?

Perhaps a certified mail note, signed by a Notary, that I have not "runs and blames the guys on this board"?

Or maybe you could realize that I am not blaming any person for anything. That I am not running away. That I am explicitly stating my intended commentary.

Thank you,
Tyler

Not taking anything away from Ron and his win. I dont know what happened that ginal round, but Melissa's car was quicker. Plenty of other turbos work. Out of the 3 TSM cars to run 8s this year, one had a Borg unit on it. I was the only 3 bolt turbo in the 8s in BG, so it comes down to combo. Right now I have guys asking me if they should sell their 6870s and buy a 7268 and they are nowhere near the level Ron is at. There is misinformation being used here to sell a product to make money and I wont allow it. You are hard pressed to find a turbo that spools as easy as a 6870 on a 109 and offer 8 sec power. That added power you may gain on the dyno will have a hard time making up for lost 60'.

I read your post and I want you to know that I sincerely apologize if I have made people think that without doing corresponding modifications, the WORK unit is not a magic fix.

I am here to make it clear and public that this turbo is NOT a magic fix. Ron has many many hours in his car and working on his combination. Hours in the converter, heads, transmission, etc.

Please do not think that buying this turbo and replacing your PTE 6870 will automatically have your car make more power. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. If you have not maximized your PTE 6870, changing to the 7268 will not bring you any benefit.

If I have mislead anyone by my posts, this is my sincere public apology. I want to be very, very clear- the success that Ron had was due to hours testing and his entire combination, not just one part. Ron did happen to use the WORK turbo, which made 30rwhp more ON HIS CAR AND SETUP. This does NOT mean it will be the case on every car.

I have no intentions of gaining business over false claims or misleading people. I am writing this response because I appreciate you informing me of how my posts are being interpreted and perceived, and it was not how I intended them to be. I am grateful that you let me know how the information is being interpreted, so that I can clarify and rectify the issue, as best possible within my control.

Thank you for your input and opinion. I appreciate it. Even if we may not agree about the product, I still care about being truthful and honest in what I am selling, so I genuinely appreciate when I am being read in a manner contrary to my intentions.

Thank you,
Tyler

Tyler i guess this quote from you " Ah, i remember why i stopped posting" "Yea, i'll see you guys in another couple months" was misunderstood. You have some good products however your presentation leaves alot to be desired, sell on merit not bad mouthing other venders products.
The longer you stay in business you will come to understand you can't please everyone.

Tyler i guess this quote from you " Ah, i remember why i stopped posting" "Yea, i'll see you guys in another couple months" was misunderstood. You have some good products however your presentation leaves alot to be desired, sell on merit not bad mouthing other venders products.
The longer you stay in business you will come to understand you can't please everyone.

Bart-

Very good point. I suppose sarcasm does not transfer well digitally.

I'll be honest, I am not really sure where I was vehemently badmouthing (or perhaps I should say, what I would consider badmouthing) other brands, versus promotung a product?

I am genuinely asking this, because I don't think what I've posted would fall under what *I* would consider badmouthing.

Thank you,
Tyler