You can type here any text you want

worth it?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I am a new member here hoping to get a GN fairly soon and would like to have the most tecnhically savvy members see this and hopefully point me in the right direction. Basically what i want to know is, is this car worth the asking price? It seems to be nice other than some electrical tape in the engine bay but I dont have any idea what I should be looking for as far as quality and price are concerned. I would be trading away my 62 nova (theres a thread in the non buick sale section if you want more info on that).

Any help is greatly appreciated and hopefully I can find the right car for me soon. Thank you.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4931179985.html

The words "alky injection" and "never raced" in the same sentence seems like an oxymoron.

D

Unless he's giving 10k on top also its not worth what your car is, ive seen yours in the other thread..

I hate the "too much to list". Just type that shit out once, and save it. Now he just has to copy and paste any time he makes a new ad. Personally I would pass on the car, but I also have a strong disliking for clones.

See about a pic of the spid label under the deck lid. Looks like an after market moonroof. Lot of miles(mine has more), vac brakes(?i think I saw that in the pix)
I'm guessing the engine and trans have been through at least once. I too laugh at never raced with the mods.
As these get older numbers matching might mean more, I'd check that and make sure it at least has the brf trans.
They don't grow on trees any more. Look at what's out there for sale. Local is usually cheaper as you can look it over and no shipping. Asking price is just a starting point.

I'm trying to make do with the options out here. A lot of owners think their cars are irreplaceable and usually add their sentimental value on top of the cars monetary value. Car shopping is fun but it can get stressful

It's hard to say without you looking at and driving the car. In California the cars do seem to go for more. If it's been a CA car all it's life there is a very good chance there's no rust. Body, paint, and interior looks to be in good shape too. I've been looking for a clean driver T-Type in CA for a while, and prices are definitely up on these cars. I say go look at it and take it from there, if nothing else you'll have good comparison info for other cars you look at.

Peter

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I am a new member here hoping to get a GN fairly soon and would like to have the most tecnhically savvy members see this and hopefully point me in the right direction. Basically what i want to know is, is this car worth the asking price? It seems to be nice other than some electrical tape in the engine bay but I dont have any idea what I should be looking for as far as quality and price are concerned. I would be trading away my 62 nova (theres a thread in the non buick sale section if you want more info on that).

Any help is greatly appreciated and hopefully I can find the right car for me soon. Thank you.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4931179985.html

1987 buick grand national/ non-abused is a collector car. I wouldn't sell mine less than 25k or it stays in the garage...But I don't think I would sell mine. I payed 15k at the time about 5 years ago. What a headache to find with no rust and original for a decent price and besides replacing spark plugs/trans-rebuild/rebuilding suspension so feels like new/rebuilding turbo etc....plus being over 25years old and all the money I put in to it, as far as original or stock appearing/no rust etc.....I think it only goes up by appraisal. Take ur time and look around and wait.

Last edited:
Back