WOT 2-3 shifting problem

forsberg

Boostmaster flex
My 200-4r started acting strange after a fluid change. I have been using ATF "type F" fluids a couple of years but this time I used a "type G" that was available to me. I noticed immediately that it took longer time for it to shift thru all gears at cruising and at 2-3 shift WOT it "flaired" (like put it in neutral), wouldn't shift until I let off the pedal a bit. Another problem after the fluid change was that the shifter was almost impossible to put in manually 1st gear. (As if the cut out in the console was to small.)

I decided to change fluid to the specific brand I used before (76 ATF Type F) to see if it would cure the problem. I also overfilled it a quart. Now it shift ok at crusing but still flairs badly at 2-3 WOT shifts.
What to do now?

I live in Sweden and I suspect that the transmission shops here have very little knowledge of the GN 200-4r...

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like third gear is burnt. It's always been known that changing fluid on a old transmission is rolling the dice. You can try to tighten up tv cable a couple clicks. Might buy you a little time.

The shifter has nothing to do with the fluid change. That sounds like the shifter cable is for a non overdrive car. Are you certain it worked before?