WOT shift points

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
hey guys

What rpms should a BRF transmission shift @. I think mine is shifting a tad to low. it's shifting @ 5k per my fast datalogs. I would like to get it to shift around 54-5500 rpms in all gears.

i went back and looked at some of my older datalogs it seems to be shifting @ 5200 during the 1-2 and @ 5000 during the 2-3 and the 3-4.

Those shift points sound about right. You could take 1-2 grams off of the governor to raise them. Make sure you have an accurate scale to do it with. :)

Well i have a 200/200 lunati cam what rpm's should i be turning the engine for max performance?

Well i have a 200/200 lunati cam what rpm's should i be turning the engine for max performance?

Around 5500-5600 and let it run through in 3rd. It would have liked a little more cam imo. Take off 1.5 grams off the governor primary weight. You need an accurate gram scale that goes to tenths to do so. Then re-install and check shift point. You may need to take a little more off but dont go to far or you will need a new weight to start over with. Another option is to use a CZ vb and governor which will shift around 5400-5500 without grinding. No OD drag racing.

Around 5500-5600 and let it run through in 3rd. It would have liked a little more cam imo. Take off 1.5 grams off the governor primary weight. You need an accurate gram scale that goes to tenths to do so. Then re-install and check shift point. You may need to take a little more off but dont go to far or you will need a new weight to start over with. Another option is to use a CZ vb and governor which will shift around 5400-5500 without grinding. No OD drag racing.

well at the time it was a cam that i had in another motor in the shop and i didn't have the $$$$$ for a roller set-up. I do have the 1.65 roller rockers to help it out some.

I gotta disagree with the 5500,That cam is done at 5000-5100 max

Keep the turbo small with it and it will run well.

I gotta disagree with the 5500,That cam is done at 5000-5100 max

Keep the turbo small with it and it will run well.

The cam may be done but the turbo and heads arent. It will go 500-600 over the stocker with the 6152 and ported irons which is done at about 4800;) . Balls deep Otto J

The cam may be done but the turbo and heads arent. It will go 500-600 over the stocker with the 6152 and ported irons which is done at about 4800;) . Balls deep Otto J

I JUST pulled that cam from a car that had a 66 turbo on it.
It was way done at 5000 and had good springs.
Look the specs up for that cam,It is almost stock.

I JUST pulled that cam from a car that had a 66 turbo on it.
It was way done at 5000 and had good springs.
Look the specs up for that cam,It is almost stock.

I think the problem with the car was the tuner not the cam;) .

J/K balls deep!