Would 83lb injectors be overkill for my combo or safe?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Here are my mods, PTE 70mm Plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, Power Plate, Walbro 340, PT 54 Turbo, ATR HEADERS/3" Downpipe w ext. wastegate/2.5 Dual Exhaust, Big Mouth Intake, Accel Gen 6 Sequential DFI, Gutted MAF, Big NECK stock intercooler, Mildly ported intake & heads, Mandrel Bent Up-Pipe, etc etc. I just dont wanna flood the engine. IF these injectors can be controlled within limits I would like them. Reason being I found a deal on 83 pounders. I know I could go with 55's or 72's but just wanted to test the waters and see what you all think.

Scott

With your DFI ECM, you should be able to dial the 83s in nicely!

Several fellows on the board say their 83s idle just as smoothly as the stockers! Evidently, there are also very excellent chips available for 83s!

AND no worries about excessive (and dangerous) injector Duty Cycle ever again!

HTH :)

I have 83#'s in my Typhoon.. same situation.. got a good deal on them.. they idle as good as the stockers did.

Hope that helps.

The 83's are more mannered than the 72's or even the 55's, go with them.

83 x 6=about 500 lbs/pr /.55 bsfc=910 BHP=730 RWHP. Make sure your fuel lines and system flows about 1 Gal a minute@44 psi

NORBS, THOSE ARE UNGODLY AWESOME TIMES FOR YOUR COMBO WITH STOCK BLOCK AND UNTOUCHED INTAKE AND HEADS! How did you do it?!!! That FAST system must be good!

Scott

Scott, the heads are ported by me, the intake is stock and the exhaust manifolds are stock, untouched. Thanks, but it should be faster, just haven't turned it up to 30 psi yet due to traction problems i am having. The 4 bolt turbo housing brought the car into the 10's over the 3 bolt setup, and lots of stall converter. The fast system im sure helps also, but the stock ecm works good also, acutally guys have went 9's with them, just a matter of how much risk your willing to take in tunning it.

So are you pretty convinced that the 4 bolt gives you better gains then 3 bolt? How much in your opinion? Enlighten me! Those times speak for themselves!

Scott

I would say a soild 2mph, no other changes. The housing to get is a .68 for a 231. I have best results street/track

norbs-what turbo are you running? scott-at 80% duty cycle 83 lbers are good for about 800 hp-your turbo is only good for 620 hp.something to ponder.

Just a Craig LImit LT-70 P-trim. .68 a/r 4 bolt housing, with a single 3" DP