You can type here any text you want

would this turbo work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tpivette89

im looking to bolt an 86/87 turbo onto my hotair motor using one of turbo6x2s adapter plates for the TB mount and welding the hotair turbo adapter to the compressor outlet. i posted in the parts wanted section for a stock 86/87 turbo, and got this reply:

"This unit came in the spare parts box along with the stock unit when I bought a 9174 mile ( YES ! ) '86 WH-1 this summer. I have had both units checked and they are fine. The almost stock unit has the same outside diameter wheels, so you could bolt your exhaust housing and ( ported ? ) exhaust housing onto my center section and inlet The inlet wheel is .300" bigger at the opening than the original. The inlet is straight like a TE series turbo, so there is no inlet bell bolted on. Curremtly, I have filled both units with fresh oil and put plates over the openings to preserve them. Price $150 plus shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed"

would this be as simple as doing the previous mods i listed above or would there be more to it? thanks in advance

Back