wow so uhh i think my car got slower..

TType84

cookin with propane
alright so my **** is worse than ever..

slower for no reason..

i think the turbo crapping oil everywhere killed my new catco cat. cause with the exh bolted up i only get 10 psi boost, with it uncapped i get as much as i want..

even though.. it still feels like the car is being restricted somehow.. like that turbo isnt spinning as freely as it should.. so im gonna try to get something to check the backpressure in the up pipe..

blah, the car is once again getting on my nerves. if everything was going as it should, i would be very happy... i dont think i have the patience to diagnose stupid hotair problems anymore..

Do you have the stock turbo?

Do you have the stock garret turbo your car? Mine went dropping a ton of oil in my car, and I had about 8-10 lbs of boost before I took the thing out and go a refurb. The cat wasnt in bad shape, but I dropped that also.

Dont give up on the hot air! There is tons of potential with the right parts.

John

had 2 stock turbos
both went kaput
put on a turbo thats over twice as big
car didnt pick up at all..

thats pretty much the summary.

alright starting from the top

fuel system:
walbro 307
adj fp regulator
caspers hotwire kit
36# injs

ecm/electrical:
jay carter 93 octane 17* timing chip
84 maf (i think this is bad)
87 fiero electric fan

transmission:
2600 stall
hd 1-2 servo

engine:
replaced valvesprings
replaced timing chain
replaced oil pump
ATR up pipe
ATR 2.5" dp
flowtech 3" cutout
catco 3" cat
3" non mandrel exhaust

turbo:
turbonetics stage 3 cheetah in a hotair housing

Hmmm....

It sounds to me like you have a fuel delivery issue...you may have too much dumping in, and not burning (rich), and this would make your sensors go haywire. I could be wrong, but if you got the messages, check them out at GNTTYPE.ORG, and see what the prob really is. You car could be lean, or misfiring. Got new plugs? Some may be fouled, or gunked up. lemme know what those codes are and I can look them up..

Good luck again!

John

my car doesnt pull any codes

i already have everything off gnttype.org printed out..

tomorrow im gonna put in my friend's 87 jc chip and use his known good maf and we'll see how it runs..

i really want a translator.. i missed a good deal on one for $25