WTB buick rolling body/chassis

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
im looking for a buick G-body in or around the houston area for a good price. the ive only got about 2000 to throw at a rolling body. the year doesnt matter terribly much, 82-87 would work great but if you have somthing a little older 78 ish id like to see it as well. im not really concerned if the car is a regal or a gn, just as long as i can drop my soon to be finished turbo 6 in it and go.thanks

Rolling chasis

Hey Slim,
As we finally move to the completion stage of our project, I can tell you it would be much easier if you get a rolling turbo car. Especially if it already has the wire harness. You would be surprised at all that doesn't work converting from carburated to fuel injected. From a t250 tranny to the 200r. Then you end up with a 7.5" rearend which limits your opportunity to go fast with out worry. I bought our roller with motor and trans for $800. I honestly think you should be able to get a decent roller turbo car for $2000-$2500 if you are willing to wait for it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you do.
Marty

I am just about done with this 87 Regal Limited that I have over here. I can sell it rolling for about 300.00 but you would need to come pick it up. I can deliver for 1.25 per mile.

The car has no sheetmetal on it outside of the carcass. It is totally stripped down. Imagine, no front clip, doors or trunk lid, no interior or driveline. There is a rear end in there.. Should be ready to go in a week or so!

GN for sale

I see there is a GN forsale on v8buick.com A friend of a member is selling it. He's in Indiana. Sounds like motor and tranny included. He's asking $2000. Phone # is 812-597-4335. Call between 8am-6pm. This is all I know or remember.

'71buickg.s.
thank you for your concern, the extent of components in my possession includes a pts 200r4 a wiring harness and computer.
while you are right about the rear end, in most cases I was pretty sure that some regals did come with a 3.42 lsd. As far as your friend with the GN for $2000, the price has me wondering what all is wrong with it? if you could include pictures that would be great. Also what year is it? Kinda tuff to get a car out from Indiana to Houston cheaply.

streetwavesauto-
if your car had more body and interior I would take you up on an offer.

GN in Indiana

Slim,
The car belongs to a friend of someone on the v8 board. I only know what I gave you from the ad on v8buick. My point to you was you can get a turbo roller for what you are looking to spend and save yourself some trouble. Again, good luck to you on your project. Either way, I'm sure it will be cool when completed.
Marty

'71buickg.s. ahh ok thanks for the advice. ill focus my search on 86-87

streetwavesauto. if you have pics of all the parts you have for the car including interior i would like to see them

Aside from the wiring harness, its a bi*ch to get fuel lines done, the tank would have to be changed along with clips and bolts for that, radiator, crossmember, throttle cable, power steering pump assuming you dont have one with the motor; driveshaft, fuse block, unless you can splice some wires easily, and like my dad said, youd more than likely end up with a 7.5 inch rear that seriously limits how fast you will be able to go safely. I know theres more ive forgotten but i assure you it would cut the time in half, if not more, if you found a rolling turbo car.

Josh