X Bash Results

whiplash306

AWESOME turnout....I was extremely pleased with how many people showed up. I would estimate about 25 or so GN/T's with numerous older Buicks as well. Fastest car today was a silver Turbo Regal who ran a 10.64 or so.....I'm sure many of you are familiar with this guy....out of the Austin area I believe. Talk about a sleeper. I couldn't even hear the thing comin', but it looked ultra aggressive runnin' down the track! Many 11 sec rides along with 12 sec rides. Was good fun with good people and GREAT eatin'! For those who didn't make it, try to next year. Thanks to all the sponsors for their many contributions. Jarod

x-bash

The silver car was Mike Hogan, by the way anybody know what size turbo he is running, it looked huge.
I had a blast, i had never been around so many turbo regals, know i know i definately want to get one, i was saving my money for a mustang svo, but now i have second thoughts, thanks for the great show guys, i think i even saw a real GNX.

yeah it really was awesome, rain held out for 5 full hours, and the racin was unreal. bout time there was some fast stuff out there!. what i thought was funny was i saw a young kid, one of the ricers that goes there, on the phone. he was talking to his ricer buddies and i heard: "dude, im at the track, and its like a buicks vs the world or something, man you gotta come see this, these thing are baaaaaddddd!" haha, i liked it. i got a couple of 12.90s tonight, still spinning pretty bad though, 2.1 60's. it was a hell a lot of fun though!
Gary

No Purple97, that UNFORTUNATELY was NOT a real GNX, but a somewhat nicely done clone. The guy did some real nice work to it, but it was a GN afterall. VERY NICE car regardless!!! Glad you had fun. I wish you luck in the future with your decision between an SVO and a GN. Both are nice cars with good potential, but the aftermarket for SVO's is very marginal, whereas there is a huge aftermarket for GN's. Just a thought. I love Mustangs, but would be somewhat hesitant to purchase an SVO.

Gary (ITSNOTAGN), are you still local at Ft. Hood? I live in Heights. We oughta get the few guys here with GN's/T's together sometime for a meet. I know 2 guys in particular. Congrats on your times. Would love to talk to 'ya....Jarod 254.702.9871

What a great event

Josh and I also had a great time today. Our GS convertible ran a personal best of 13.50!!!

I think I've got David Newton scared now. He scares easily!!!! LOL.

Can't wait to get the motor into the GN and start running some 11.0's with it. By the way, there were no real GNX's at Temple today. There was one GN with GNX louvers on it. Nice car, but not a GNX.

We had a blast too out there. First time running this new turbo in the 1/4, with the humidity it didn't do as well as it had in the past in the first 1/8th, but overall I had 2 back to back 11.63 @ 116 passes. Even though it looked long enough at the end of the track I still had to stand on the brakes a few times to make the last turn around!
I even blew my TB to plenum gasket out on the first pass and was able to smear some Copper RTV on it and bolt it back up and keep going, thanks Rick for the help on that ;)
And my truck tranny held up on the drive home to boot!

unfortuntely i discovered a blown headgasket about an hour before i left for the track (milkshake anyone?)..so my car couldnt make it. i had a great time, and will definitely be there next year.

-jeff

It's sunny today!

Boy it's sunny today.
Wish we had this weather yesterday. Oh well any day with the Buick family is a good day. Earlier I forgot to thank Davey Newton, Phil Green and who ever it was that brought the smoker grillin' monster machine? I'm sorry I forgot his name. He and his buddy did a great job! Too bad we got rained out. I'm sure me or josh were going to win it all!!! Just send the $$$$.

Marty

Marty I think you won't be having a problem running 11.0s,that 10.64 pass that Mike Hogan made was at the exact same MPH I was running with your motor at Noble WITH the trans problem.;)

Congrats on the 13.50 pass Marty, it was a beauty to see you run 13.50 after telling me that you were going to make a pass to run 13.50.:p I had fun at the event, especially the chowing down part;) , too bad it had to rain. I have heard that a few cars made a couple passes after it had stopped raining and as I understand the track guys didn't dry past the 1/8th mile mark and a 68-69ish camaro? I believe hit the wall twice along with a rice burner doing the same thing on the next pass. They never should of made any passes after all the sprinkling.

I had fun running the car and playing with it as I've never run the 1/4, only the 1/8th. First pass was a 12.69@110 but with a sad 1.94 60ft. Track wasn't hooking for me either lane and the 2nd pass was worse. I did get to run my 1st round elimination but I had bad luck again as I was lined up against Rick Kinworthy.:eek:
Tough luck on me, but I had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to next year.

Yep Geoff,Kinworthy is deadly consistent on the tree.I hate it when I have to line up with him because the only time I ever beat him he broke out!

I wished I had the GN there all day long.Oh well there will always be next time.

Just think next time you have your car out and running it should run 9's?:D Yea when the guy pointed out Rick to pull up and then pointed at me I figured " Ahh crap not Kinworthy...":mad: Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles. He is consistent, I just couldn't hold the car still. It was pushin through on me at 6lbs and I let off the gas a hair but it pushed through anyways so I said forget it and went on and went. The scanmaster showed " 648 o2's with 2.3 degrees of knock." That to me makes no sense...That's why I got out of it and back in it but it didn't matter I had red lighted. It needs to be tuned badly and then we'll put this GT3255 on it and it should be good as new. My dad figured the o2 sensor went south on us because the car was only gettin 2.1 60ft's for me on my last two passes but thats a week old Denso o2 so we don't know. We'll get'em next time. Congrats to Rick on his I believe 11.93 pass? Pretty darn good for how low of boost he's running.:)

Geoff

Re: Hogan's T- actually it's just a 70 q-trim with an old .63 4 bolt Garret hsg. Been trying to get him to try a 71 GTQ lately at least lol... His car is actually gun metal gray metallic. Very nicely painted.

TurboTR

Do you know what his other mods are?What kind of boost?

My setup was a production 4.1 with ported heads 218/218 cam,pte fmic,te63 and 3200 stall mainly with other not so important mods and I was around that same MPH all day at noble.I had a trans problem that kept me in the 11.2-11.3 range.

Hogans car was moving out with a purpose,just wondering if that mph is low for him typically,because I am wondering if my car could have been in the same et range with that kind of mph.I guess I should say i am looking for a benchmark to compare to.

i know he is running a 3.8 block, cas V1 (whatever the big frontmount is called), FAST, and precision converter. thats all that i know of, but i know there is other stuff.

-jeff

Originally posted by 19GN86
and a 68-69ish camaro? I believe hit the wall twice along with a rice burner doing the same thing on the next pass. They never should of made any passes after all the sprinkling.

That black 69 alcohol car?

I could not believe they were gonna run that thing on that narrow track in those iffy conditions. I tried to hold out to see it run but I gave up and left.

But I had a good time. It was niceto meet some of you Buick guys. Wish I could have ran.

They did a decent job preping the track through the 1/8th... but they did absolutely NO drying or preping beyond that.... When I got back in line to try and run again around 10pm, I about had a heart attack when I heard them announce 1/4 mile times from the first pair.

I still can't believe they let people run 1/4 after that rain... makes no sense to me....

---Ron

His setup is just the basic mild setup really. A small hyd roller cam (like 212 range). Also a CAS V1 as was said. Have been trying to get him to step up a bit on the cam and related hardware, and upgrade to a GTQ71. The FAST program is pretty conservative, but he wanted it tuned safe safe back when, and it has been running 10.6x-10.7x like clockwork, reliably, ever since :) The boost is about 27 or so.

TurboTR