XFI and Alky

karolko

I searched, but found nothing very easily, although i know this has been discussed.

i have heard of people ( Razor?) said that i can use my XFI to activate my alky, instead of tapping into the green wire on the wiring harness.

I guess i have two questions, if i were to use the xfi to activate and deactivate my alky, which AUX ports would i be using.

I plan on using the power adder option for nitrous so i cannot use that, and i plan on using AUX 1 for a shift light so that is out of the question as well.

Hmmm still trying to figure this out myself, but i thought i might accelerate the idea.

Also, since the caspers adapter kit has a individual plug for the map senosr, could i still use the green wire from the original plug of the factory wiring harness as my signal even thought the map sensor is plug in via the Casper's adapter harness.

I searched, but found nothing very easily, although i know this has been discussed.

i have heard of people ( Razor?) said that i can use my XFI to activate my alky, instead of tapping into the green wire on the wiring harness.

I guess i have two questions, if i were to use the xfi to activate and deactivate my alky, which AUX ports would i be using.

I plan on using the power adder option for nitrous so i cannot use that, and i plan on using AUX 1 for a shift light so that is out of the question as well.

Hmmm still trying to figure this out myself, but i thought i might accelerate the idea.

Also, since the caspers adapter kit has a individual plug for the map senosr, could i still use the green wire from the original plug of the factory wiring harness as my signal even thought the map sensor is plug in via the Casper's adapter harness.

If its my kit, it activates using signal from the 3 bar MAP. So you dont use any of your outputs. This way tuning is easier as the kit being progressive ramps up with boost. meaning little changes to your VE tables will be needed vs turning a system on at 150 PSI then dialing out the VE heavily around the activation point.

With an XFI.. install alky kit.. put knob on 6.. purge it.. done.. tune your VE to get your target AF and thats it. It cannot be any easier.

Alright razor that is what i will do, just hook it up as per normal.

Is 6 an arbitrary number or is it what you have found works well. You can also turn it up higher to push more alky in there couldn't you? if you did do that, would that alter all of your VE maps??? In that case would i just want to leave it at one setting??

Alright razor that is what i will do, just hook it up as per normal.

Is 6 an arbitrary number or is it what you have found works well. You can also turn it up higher to push more alky in there couldn't you? if you did do that, would that alter all of your VE maps??? In that case would i just want to leave it at one setting??

6 should be very close. Like all things.. you need somewhere to start ;)