XFI & Base tune. Need help.

srz

Hello. I'm hoping somebody can give me some tips on what to do next. My car is listed below. Recently just received a base tune from TJ Tracy from Advance Performance in Tenn to get my car running but it will not fire. I checked all sensors and everything is working as it should. Injectors are not firing so I increased the crankstart and it acts as if it wants to fire but won't. FP is set @ 39psi. Just wanted to know if someone would look at the file and give some recommendations. Stationed overseas in Germany @ Ramstein AB so the time difference is a hinderance right now. I haven't spoke w/ TJ this wk as he is in and out. If you need more info I'll be happy as best I can to answer anything. This is my 1st stab at the tuning realm. A lot more complicated than I thought but fun nonetheless. I have the DVD too in case anyone was wondering. I can email the .gct file to whomever would like it as I can't post it here since this is my 1st post. Thanks!

Silas,

1993 Camaro Z28

Induction-
Type: F1 ProCharger, ATI Race BPV, custom inlet hat, 12 rib pulley 7.65 crank, 3.85
Boost: 22 psi
Intercooler: OBX 4" FMIC kit, custom piping

Engine-
Block: Midwest Engine Tech 388ci LT1, O-ring block, billet 4 bolt splayed caps, ARP head & block studs, CR 8.8:1, Melling HV55, Stefs custom 7qt pan, windage tray crank scraper, trap door, front & rear baffles, 3 qt. Accusump, billet relocation kit, SS lines aeromotive fittings
Crankshaft: Custom Eagle & BB hub/snout, Eagle billet rods, custom JE Dished, P&P LT1 heads--2.00/1.56 valves
Camshaft: CLASSIFIED, Pro Mag 1.6
Intake Manifold: Ported & gasket matched LT1, 58mm AS&M TB, Ignition/Computer: Delteq/F.A.S.T XFI, FLP's 1 3/4, GMMG exh,
CSR EWP, 160 stat, stk rad, Goodyr silicon hose, fan kit

TurnOne steering pump billet pulley
Tuff Stuff performance 200 Alt
AC delete pulley, AIR!, HVAC! EGR!
Lonnies dual walbro 255's, hobbs switch, RC 72lbs
Rails: Modified -8 feed (parallel) -6 return, aeromitive fittings & y block
Fuelab AFPR & filter

Transmission: D&D M6 M29, Hurst Billet+ shifter
Clutch Street Twin/Alum Fly,DS ACPT Carbon Fiber, 3.73's/T2R Diff/Mac girdle/stud kit 10 bolt, 9" standing by 31 spline, true trac diff, 3.50's

Chassis-
Front Suspension: Custom valved Bilsteins--shorter piston, Eibach 600# spring, BMR upper & lower A-arms spherical bushings & GC coil overs, 35mm bar, Hotckis STB, UMI K-member xtra bracing--KBDD SFC
Rear Suspension: 3rd Gen Bilstein, Eibach 150# spring, GC perch, PPC LCA & PHR spherical bushings, LG Torque arm, 21mm bar
Brakes: 13" Baer Track Kit, Hawk HP+ pads, SS lines

Wheels & Tires-
Wheels: Fikse Profil 13 18X9.5 18X11 & ZR1's 17X9 & 17X11
Tires Front: Mich Sport 275/35/18-- KDW's 275/40/17
Tires Back: Mich Sport 315/30/18--KDW's 285/40//17

Confirm you have RPM when cranking and send me your GCT file and I'd be happy to look at it for you.

I'm sure Ted is taking care of you. If not send me a PM I don't need the .gct file, but I would like to know the date of manufacture of your XFI.

Cal PM sent. Ted I emailed you the file and I'll confirm that today. Otto J pm sent as well. Thanks guys I appreciate the support! I'll have to send ya some Brats or something. :D

Ted: No problem with the box.

Silas: PM sent.

One nice feature of the XFI are the LED lights

Did they have a problem with the boxes at some point? :eek:

I don't believe so. I just stumbled upon a thread somewhere on here or Turbomustangs stating that if you were running an XFI on an LT1 that you'd need the firmware for the opti so could function--I had to send it back for the upgrade.

I don't believe so. I just stumbled upon a thread somewhere on here or Turbomustangs stating that if you were running an XFI on an LT1 that you'd need the firmware for the opti so could function--I had to send it back for the upgrade.

A simple REFLASH wouldn't work? I was under the impression that the boxes never needed to go back to FAST, but they all need to go back every once in a while it seems. :cool:

There is a good bunch of guys over there on Turbomustangs.

PM sent.

Ted I thought the same thing but they said it needed to come back for this. According to the RMA they replaced the board w/ an LT1 style. The only thing that concerns me is looking at the actual sheet for "programmed area"
B2B is listed "n/a" and seq is listed w/ an "x" but then it says a little further down ignition type and there is says "LT1". I just look at the X as the one selected but it wasn't the case as when I go to start it lights up in b2b.

Yes the LED's are cool. :) Got the tune. Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes.