You can type here any text you want

XFI fuel corrections at WOT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

When making fuel corrections in XFI at WOT I would assume all the tuning is done in the VE Table...basically just modify the values in the cell where the green ball is and some of the surrounding cells also...again I assume you adjust the values to get as close as possible to 0 for O2 correction...so let's say at 5500 RPM...my actual A/F ratio is 11.5 and the O2 correction is 7% then I would want to increase the values in the cells by 7%...is this right?...should I ever tweak the settings in the A/F Table itself?...

You are doing it all correctly!

You don't need to tweak values in the A/F table.

If the O2 shows 7% correction, I would start by making a 2 or 3% correction to the VE value then trying again. If I change the value by the amount of O2 correction, I usually find that I've gone too far.

-Bob C.

What's a safe A/F ratio at say 23-25 PSI boost and 6000 RPM?...the 11.5 I saw at 5500 RPM's and 20 PSI boost seemed a little on the lean side...

Scott,

I would get the XFI pulling fuel ASAP. Here's my reasoning:

Since the O2 is reactionary, your motor has already been lean before the computer has added 7% fuel to reach 11.5. If it's pulling -7% then it would mean the opposite and your reducing the amount of fuel to get to 11.5. 7% shouldn't be a huge deal but, as I'm sure you know, going lean breaks stuff quick at your power level.

So in your example I'd probably make a bigger jump and add ~10-12% in the appropriate cells. Then continue making passes and tuning, in smaller adjustments, to zero by pullng fuel.

You would adjust the A/F table when you want to change the targeted A/F. Idle, cruise, spool-up, WOT can all be tweaked. 11.5 at WOT is probably about right once tuned, I would try slightly different A/F's and see how your car responds. I usually start around 10.8-11.0.

What's your timing set at the higher boost/rpm levels? Starting with low timing would give you an extra margin of safety while getting the fueling tweaked in.

Are you starting from scratch or did you get a base tune from someone?

I agree Dan...I rather go over to the richer side then come back...sent you an Email...

When you're changing percentages you can use "shift 8". A window will pop up. 107 will add 7 percent, 93 with take away 7 percent

110 will add 10 percent

90 will take away 10 percent and so on.

When you're changing percentages you can use "shift 8". A window will pop up. 107 will add 7 percent, 93 with take away 7 percent

110 will add 10 percent

90 will take away 10 percent and so on.

Yup. Also, if you hit SHIFT + 5 it will also give you the option to specify a straight percentage of change. Entering 10 will add 10%, and entering -10 will remove 10%. Same thing, but another way.

I know...I watched the XFI DVD...just have to get used to all these different ways to change values in the tables...

Back