You can type here any text you want

XFI fuel is to rich at 22psi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CS99

I made a run at 22 psi and am getting 10.0 AFR. Is there anything other than the VE table that contributes to the AFR? I keep lowering the numbers where I am at when the car hits 22 psi, but it is still to rich. I have the area in the VE table set to the number 84.

Keep lowering them. Is the coolant and air temp readout correct?

Keep lowering them. Is the coolant and air temp readout correct?

Yes, coolant and temp readings are fine. I installed a Deatschwerks (DW) pump last year when my walbro failed. This new pump must be putting out alot more fuel than I realized.

What is your target AF ratio and is the Wide band correcting for it?

CS99 said:
Yes, coolant and temp readings are fine. I installed a Deatschwerks (DW) pump last year when my walbro failed. This new pump must be putting out alot more fuel than I realized.

I doubt the pump has anything to do with it. It would be rich at idle if it did. Voltage increases are about the only thing that will require ve numbers to be off that much. Just keep dropping the numbers till you're were you need to be.

The target AF ratio is the key here, what is your target and surrounding cells, then VE is the next step. 84 can be big it could easiely go down to the 70's depending on the rpm and other factors, there will be a point where the VE will drop large off once your out of the sweet spot of the motor

CS99 said:
I made a run at 22 psi and am getting 10.0 AFR. Is there anything other than the VE table that contributes to the AFR? I keep lowering the numbers where I am at when the car hits 22 psi, but it is still to rich. I have the area in the VE table set to the number 84.

The ve table doesn't set the A/F. You may want to check you pa tables if you are using pa enable for data logging.
AG.

turbobitt said:
The ve table doesn't set the A/F. You may want to check you pa tables if you are using pa enable for data logging.
AG.

Also, do you see an O2 correction? What is the A/F table set to? What are your correction limits and gain tables set to?

AG.

The target AF ratio is the key here, what is your target and surrounding cells, then VE is the next step. 84 can be big it could easiely go down to the 70's depending on the rpm and other factors, there will be a point where the VE will drop large off once your out of the sweet spot of the motor
I have the target AFR set to 11.0. The o2 correction is maxed out to -10, meaning it is taking out the most it can. I wasn't sure that those numbers could go as low as 70 in the ve table. This new fuel pump sure puts out alot more, that is what threw me off. I will keep lowering the ve table like you said until I get to 11.0 AFR

Every car is different, but the range buicks run at are usually 75-90, it all depends where your motor is most efficient. However if your fuel pressure is jacked through the roof it will also give you lower VE readings. Look at injector duty cycle , this will give you an idea what power your making or should be making. Are you running e85? c-16? alky?

Every car is different, but the range buicks run at are usually 75-90, it all depends where your motor is most efficient. However if your fuel pressure is jacked through the roof it will also give you lower VE readings. Look at injector duty cycle , this will give you an idea what power your making or should be making. Are you running e85? c-16? alky?
I am running alky and 93 octane. 6765 turbo with 83 lb injectors. The highest duty cycle I seen was 67. Fuel pressure reads 45, that is with the vacumm line on. It does rise with boost, I haven't had a chance to hook it up to xfi and log the fuel psi.

CS99 said:
I am running alky and 93 octane. 6765 turbo with 83 lb injectors. The highest duty cycle I seen was 67. Fuel pressure reads 45, that is with the vacumm line on. It does rise with boost, I haven't had a chance to hook it up to xfi and log the fuel psi.

My ve numbers are lower on 93/alky trapping around 140mph 10.2:1 target, gasoline scale. I have the same injectors. 2 walbro 340's @16v. IMO your ve table needs a lot of tweaking.

My ve numbers are lower on 93/alky trapping around 140mph 10.2:1 target, gasoline scale. I have the same injectors. 2 walbro 340's @16v. IMO your ve table needs a lot of tweaking.
I am seeing a steady 10.0:1, gasoline scale with 93/alky. I have my target AFR set at 11.0:1. I am also running 22 deg of timing at that boost. Is 10.2:1 where I need to be for 93/alky....I was thinking that was to rich. Should I be running more timing?

I just went and read Julios alky tuning info. AFR's should be 10.0-10.5 with DUAL nozzle, SINGLE nozzle is 10.8-11.0. I have a single nozzle for now, but plan to upgrade.

CS99 said:
I am seeing a steady 10.0:1, gasoline scale with 93/alky. I have my target AFR set at 11.0:1. I am also running 22 deg of timing at that boost. Is 10.2:1 where I need to be for 93/alky....I was thinking that was to rich. Should I be running more timing?

There are a few threads with plenty of info on alky/93 tunes in the last few months so I'm not going to post about that here. 10.2:1 is where mine needs to be at my power level. My ve numbers on an 800+hp 93/alky combo with six 85lb/hr injectors and at 16v is mid 70's at peak power. The exact alky flow is unknown. I'm using a 10 and 15gph nozzles. I ran less than 22* on the passes I made where the highest boost was recorded. Stay conservative on the timing. The higher the mass flow and more efficient the engine the less timing you need.

There are a few threads with plenty of info on alky/93 tunes in the last few months so I'm not going to post about that here. 10.2:1 is where mine needs to be at my power level. My ve numbers on an 800+hp 93/alky combo with six 85lb/hr injectors and at 16v is mid 70's at peak power. The exact alky flow is unknown. I'm using a 10 and 15gph nozzles. I ran less than 22* on the passes I made where the highest boost was recorded. Stay conservative on the timing. The higher the mass flow and more efficient the engine the less timing you need.
OK, thank you for heading me in right direction.

Don't be skered...... keep tweaking and get it to a correction under 5%...... just don't make too many corrections too fast. Just remember...... the VE numbers are scaled...... so if you have a current VE in a particular cell that is 80 and you want to reduce the fuel in that cell by 10%, it would need to be lowered about 8.... to a 72. Obviously, if you tell it to trim the cell by 10%, it does the math for you.... Within 2-3 passes, you should be with your correction numbers under 5%.

Don't be skered...... keep tweaking and get it to a correction under 5%...... just don't make too many corrections too fast. Just remember...... the VE numbers are scaled...... so if you have a current VE in a particular cell that is 80 and you want to reduce the fuel in that cell by 10%, it would need to be lowered about 8.... to a 72. Obviously, if you tell it to trim the cell by 10%, it does the math for you.... Within 2-3 passes, you should be with your correction numbers under 5%.

True unless the weather changes:)

Also,

It's not a consistent "8 numbers is 10%", it depends on injector size and current VE number.

My numbers are getting better. I went from 84 to 72 on the VE table and the O2 correction it still taking the max out (-10) when I make a run. The last run was at 22 lbs of boost. I am going to up the boost a little and see what happens. I switched to an intank DW pump and have a one nozzle alky with 83 lb injectors. I am still around 54% duty cycle at 22 lbs boost. AFR's are 11.5 This new fuel pump is putting out way more fuel than my walbro. Last season with the walbro pump, my numbers in the VE table were in the 90's.

Back