You can type here any text you want

XFI install pics...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Just a couple pics of how I mounted the ecm in a customer's GN. The Casper's adapter sits where the stock ecm used to be, and the XFI ecm is held to the outside with some Velcro. I'm sure others have done it this way also... Just thought I'd share.

K.

Thanks for the pic, I still have mine on the floor trying to figure out how I want to mount it. I wish the Caspers harness was longer, allowing the XFI to be mounted right-side-up.(Caspers are you listening?)
Thanks
Bryan

YOu can order the caspers harness with longer leads for like an extra 25 bucks

It looks like you put it where it is very visible. Did you do this on purpose? Or was there nowhere to hide it?

-BC

It looks like you put it where it is very visible. Did you do this on purpose? Or was there nowhere to hide it?

-BC

It is visible, with the longer leads mentioned above more mounting posibilities for stealth mode would be available. It is nice having the L.E.D.'s on the ecm within view though.

This particular car also has limo tint so seeing anything is a chore with the windows up... :D

K.

Seems to be the popular place for mounting the XFI. Thats where I mounted mine. My kick panel was a little hacked up so I went ahead and drilled holes and mounted the XFI to the panel. Wish I could hide the wires a little better though.

wow looks awsome. that picture alone makes me want to buy a XFI for my car. How hard is the XFI to install? I would like to do it myself do to the fact that my car has show quality paint and i dont want people hanging over the fenders installing stuff. I usally climb in the enigine bay and work on the car so i dont mess the paint up.

wow looks awsome. that picture alone makes me want to buy a XFI for my car. How hard is the XFI to install? I would like to do it myself do to the fact that my car has show quality paint and i dont want people hanging over the fenders installing stuff. I usally climb in the enigine bay and work on the car so i dont mess the paint up.

Very easy to install!!

K.

im doing some searches so i will see what i find. i know nick micale up here can help me out if need be.

im doing some searches so i will see what i find. i know nick micale up here can help me out if need be.

The kit I got from Cal came with all the info. needed for a very easy install in the car. All that needs to be done under the hood is the O2 bung, sensor, and wiring for the sensor back to the box. Everything else is at the kick panel & dash.

I personally like the XFI box on the outside of the kick panel, but if you want to be more creative in hiding it you may want to opt for the longer wiring as mentioned above. Either way just take your time and it will come out meticulous.

K.

might have to give Cal a call and see what kinda deal i can get. I guess i will keep my eyes open for one in the parts for sale as well. also whats all done in the kick panel and dash area? this would be going into a hotair car so it might be alittle different. i have a 87 ecm with a 87 maf and IAT sensor that was all i had to do to convert from a 84 to 87 ecm so im guess with the XFI it will pretty much be the same

My car is a 66 Nova not a buick but I bought the xfi from Cal. Absolutely simple install. My nova had room to mount behind the glove box and still use the glove box liner. Cut a small rectangle hole in the liner and installed a piece of plexiglass to be able to view the led's. Doesn't sit to far from the A/c unit so it stays cool... oh wait... you guys don't run air do you:biggrin:

Tg

Cal is an excellent vendor for the XFI. If you do more street driving than racing, his tune for 93 or 93+alky works great. My car has NEVER ran this good. For just a little more $ I went ahead and had the optional internal data logger and and 4 position quick tune installed.

Remove the MAF, relocate the IAT, add in the O2 bung, add 3 bar map sensor and you are done with underhood work. Very simple install. Unless you get an extended wiring harness, location for the box is not very optional on the Buicks, kick panel is pretty much it.

sounds like im set since i already have a extra sensor in my intake and i have a 02 bung already welded for the LC-1. only thing i would need to do is remove the MAF. also since im running alky i have a 3 bar map will i need another map sensor or do i just use that one. also that 4 postion quick tune deal sounds like it would be worth while. have one Map set for pump+alky and the other set for C16+alky. i will have to save up and get this done.

sounds like im set since i already have a extra sensor in my intake and i have a 02 bung already welded for the LC-1. only thing i would need to do is remove the MAF. also since im running alky i have a 3 bar map will i need another map sensor or do i just use that one. also that 4 postion quick tune deal sounds like it would be worth while. have one Map set for pump+alky and the other set for C16+alky. i will have to save up and get this done.

You can get an adapter harness from caspers (I couldn't find the part # sorry) that plugs into the stock harness under the dash to the XFI for the 3 bar MAP signal.
I hated spending the money for the XFI, but after getting it in I wish I had done it a long time ago. Really a great product and no more screwing with 20 year old technology!

my car didnt come with a MAP sensor its a 84. when i got razors kit i got a 3 bar map got the ground from the fender and i spliced into the tps for the 5 volt source. green wire goes to the alky kit. what would i have to do for the XFI?

I had the same issue, 87 with digital dash, needed 5 volts from TPS for Alky control.

Get another 3 bar sensor is an option.
T into a boost line (one going to boost gage will work) run a line over to where the XFI box is, hook line into MAP, plug directly from XFI to MAP sensor. I ended up doing it this way.

It will cost a little more for another MAP, but makes it just as easy.
I'm sure there are other ways, but that was the option I went with.

cool going with another 3 bar map might be the way to go since i have a extra taped port on the intake that i can run straight to the xfi map sensor. i already have one straight from the intake to the alky MAP why not just do it again so i dont have to use a T and split it.

Back