You can type here any text you want

XFI not logging correct # of frames

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

I have XFI setup to log 15 frames per second but I'm only getting 3 frames per second??...anyone run into this before?...I have the latest version of C-Com with the internal logging feature but as of now have been logging straight to my laptop...

So nobody has run into this using XFI?....wonder if my XFI box is messed up?

So nobody has run into this using XFI?....wonder if my XFI box is messed up?

Did it log correctly before you REFLASHED the box to install the internal logger and now it won't work correct? 3 frames per second seems kind of odd. With my box taking a dump nothing these XFI's do would surprize me.

I haven't done anything with the internal data logger yet...I've just been logging data straight to my laptop and it's always been 3 frames per second...could that be the problem that I need to do something with the internal data logger?

Maybe you have some sensor that's screwing with it? :confused:
Try a different dashboard with only a few sensors. Just make sure you have kpa and rpm on the dash.

My laptop will not log XFI at more than 3 frames per second. It was a laptop problem, not XFI. How many traces you log can affect it. I did not want a laptop in the car with me and got tired of keeping the battery up. I installed an external logger and everything works fine. I'd get the internal logger setup operating if I were you.

I remember with the old FAST system the communications slowed way down with 14 or more sensors being logged. I don't know if the XFI system still has this limitation but if so this could have something to do with it.

Problem resolved...I had always logged data with the Master Dash (which has just about every piece of info on it) displayed at the same time...I had always brought up the Master Dash as I headed towards the burnout box just to make sure everything looked OK and then left it displayed during my run...well I tried logging without the Master Dash displayed and BAM...now I get the number of frames that I set it up for...10...15 frames per second or whatever...guess my laptop can't handle that amount of data coming in...the Master Dash plus the logging data...

Back