You can type here any text you want

XFI Sportsman-Results?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
Anyone have any ET/MPH and build results with the Sportsman XFI.

It would be interesting to see the gains from just switching to the sportsman from a stock computer. Track times rather than dyno numbers.

I don’t have any dyno numbers yet, but I ran a 10.5@128 with a 1.5 60’ I believe in bowling green. This was on about 23-24psi iirc. Stroked 109, champion irons, 6766bb, RJC 315ic, 215/220 full throttle cam and a 9.5” ptc. The converter is too tight for my car and I am loosing it up right now. The closed loop afr correction works dreams and saved my engine from popping a head gasket. My second fuel pump was going bad and it automatically added 22% fuel to maintain the set afr. The closed loop learn feature makes the drivability very smooth also as ambient temps change. I came from an sd2 and I’m still very happy with it. It seems like the ecu processes information 5-10x faster.

What were your times with the above setup using SD2?

I ran a 10.5@130, but I was running 27-28psi vs the 23-24psi at 10.5@128. The 60’ was better on the 23-24psi run 1.5 vs a 1.7. The real advantage is the Sportsman makes adjustments faster and learns the preset target air fuel over 1600rpms. It drives a lot smoother on the street/highway also. With the sd2 you have to piggy back all the inputs through the powerlogger and the more connection points information pass through, the more prone it will be to having issues. I was having to go through the process of cleaning all the connections when it would act up every 6mo. Unless you’re looking to go 10’s or better, I probably would just stick with a 5.7/6.1 TT chip.

Anyone have any ET/MPH and build results with the Sportsman XFI.
You have a good running car for the build you have,buy one put a hot tune in it and compare realistically because you have data.its hard to compare a car that has problems and out of tune or isn't optiminzed to a car that is in tune and say its the system.

I ran a 10.5@130, but I was running 27-28psi vs the 23-24psi at 10.5@128. The 60’ was better on the 23-24psi run 1.5 vs a 1.7. The real advantage is the Sportsman makes adjustments faster and learns the preset target air fuel over 1600rpms. It drives a lot smoother on the street/highway also. With the sd2 you have to piggy back all the inputs through the powerlogger and the more connection points information pass through, the more prone it will be to having issues. I was having to go through the process of cleaning all the connections when it would act up every 6mo. Unless you’re looking to go 10’s or better, I probably would just stick with a 5.7/6.1 TT chip.
Thanks for taking the time to reply back.

You have a good running car for the build you have,buy one put a hot tune in it and compare realistically because you have data.its hard to compare a car that has problems and out of tune or isn't optiminzed to a car that is in tune and say its the system.

I havent messaged you back, but I sent Dusty some logs and we are going to an 18 blade. I was hitting 31psi and it was dropping back to 26psi at the top of 2nd. I’m going to install the 18 blade and measure the backpressure on the .63 and .85 and then I’ll measure the intercooler drop to see if the 325 may be better suited for that much boost over the 315. Past that, I’m just going to turn the boost as high as I can. HD wastegate and manual boost controller are at the max. At 29-31psi my duty is 72-78% and the power seems to be in the 5300-5800 range.

I had two throttle cable springs from my wastegate bracket to puck arm on my 6262. What other way would help keep it closed?
There are a few different ways to close the gate.Wire the gate shut,I've used steel wire in the past,also brian makes a plate that blocks the hole off.

I don’t have any dyno numbers yet, but I ran a 10.5@128 with a 1.5 60’ I believe in bowling green. This was on about 23-24psi iirc. Stroked 109, champion irons, 6766bb, RJC 315ic, 215/220 full throttle cam and a 9.5” ptc. The converter is too tight for my car and I am loosing it up right now. The closed loop afr correction works dreams and saved my engine from popping a head gasket. My second fuel pump was going bad and it automatically added 22% fuel to maintain the set afr. The closed loop learn feature makes the drivability very smooth also as ambient temps change. I came from an sd2 and I’m still very happy with it. It seems like the ecu processes information 5-10x faster.

Thanks so much for the before and after info.:)

Back