Yet another TV adjustment question

turbowannabe

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I am having issues with my TV cable adjustment. 1-2nd and 2nd-3rd shifts are decent but a little on the high side as far as RPM goes. Now fourth gear on the other hand completely sucks, I have to get going pretty fast (I'm guessing about 65-70mph, my speedo gear is not right) to get it to go into fourth gear. I've tried adjusting with no improvement. I have slack in the cable where it connects to the TB arm regardless of where I adjust it, and I am wondering if it is ok to have slack or if it is supposed to be tight with the TB arm. There is about 1/2" of cable extending beyond the TB arm. It seems to me like this would create problems but I'm not sure. Any good advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
-Dan

It may have come loose from the TV plunger in the valvebody. You can get to it by removing the 10mm bolt from the cable to transmission case connection. Pull up slightly and look to see if the cable is still connected to the plunger. If it pops right out then it's definitely not connected. Pull the plunger up to expose the hook and put that through the end of the TV cable. Then set the cable back down and tighten the bolt.

Reset the TV and see if it holds.