Youngest GNX Owner

LC2ROD

Who is the youngest GNX owner on here, or that you know of currently. Just curious if this car appeals to people other than those that actually grew up with it.

Well , I was 33 when I was inches of buying/owning an X ( # 219 ) . Fast forward , got one when I was 45 , so 48 now . Seems to be the age group as these cars were new on the dealer lots while we were in high school !!!

I’m in a similar age bracket and when I was in high school this was the car to have. Actually any GN was the car to have. I was just curious what the age cutoff was for people interested in this car. Does it include people that didn’t grow up with the car? The car remained legendary for quite a while after production stopped, but between kids no longer being interested in cars and everything that came out in the last few years, are the only ones interested in these cars the ones that can remember them from high school? I don’t see someone currently in their 20’s interested in this car, but I could be wrong.

I bought mine for my 30th bday this passed feb

No kidding! That’s great and congratulations! What drew you to the car ? No interest in any of the cars of your era like a 2000 Cobra R, 02 Trans Am, 03 Terminator Cobra, etc...? What got you interested in the GNX?

I purchased mine 16 years ago when I was 18....I'm now 34.

I always thought GNs were cool.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I purchased mine 16 years ago when I was 18....I'm now 34.

I always thought GNs were cool.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That’s awesome! Can you tell us what specifically pulled you in? I know why I like them, but you are much younger than me and I would figure someone in your age group would have an eye for something else as stated above.

Glad to see younger people are interested in the GNX!

No kidding! That’s great and congratulations! What drew you to the car ? No interest in any of the cars of your era like a 2000 Cobra R, 02 Trans Am, 03 Terminator Cobra, etc...? What got you interested in the GNX?
Thanks.

I've been into TRs since I was 13, got my first T when I was 16 and owned a bunch of Buicks over the years. I did give the LS scene a try (2009 G8, 2002 SS Camaro) but I would always miss the Buicks.

The GNX has always been the holy grail in the TR world but oddly enough I never really pursued or desired a GNX over other TRs, it kind of just happend.

Bought GNX at age 35. Had 86 Monte Carlo SS in my teens and still have it to this day. I had the Monte because it was affordable. I could not afford the GNX until age 35, the Monte Carlo satisfied my desires until that time.

Hi guys/girls. My name is bill
I’m not nor will ever be blessed with the honor to hold the title to one of the beautiful 547. All of y’all are blessed to own such a beautiful car. All of you GNX owners have my respect because y’all must have made some excellent life decisions that put you in a good place financially. I chose to be a nyc civil servant and after 22 years I live off my pension and my WTC 9/11 disability.
Ok so why am I posting right? Well 2 days after my 17th birthday 2/25/1987 my mom lent me the cash to purchase my dream car which was a grand national any year I didn’t care as long as it was a Buick Grand National. After getting kicked out of every high school in Brooklyn south for fighting and my bad temper and shitty attitude my last stop was automotive HS about 20 miles away from my house 2 buses and one subway to and from. I was ready to drop out. My mom made this deal with me that she would front me the cash as long as I paid her back ,start treating her with the respect she deserves, go to anger management treatment,and graduated HS. Having this car really grew me up and changed my life for the better because I made damn sure I paid my mom every month. Sometimes even before my rent was paid lol
Long story short Every dealership said forget about a GN they are on backorder and not making anymore. Everyplace tried to talk me into a v8 regal. On 2/25/87 we got a call from Garden Buick on Long Island to look at a WE4 which not myself not the dealer knew anything about. Is was an order in which the buyer had to back out. I took a single look and grabbed it. Because I was only 17 my mom had to come on the bill of sale with me. But because my dad who passed away when I was 9 shares the exact name as me. So they sent the title off in my name and said most likely it will come back in my mom’s name with it registered to me. But we got lucky and when the title came in the mail it was titled to me. But I’m guessing nys dmv assume it was my dad this was before the computer age. Because you have to be 18 to buy a car from a dealer. I finished paying my mom back in 1992 and in 1997 when she passed unexpectedly my sister found a lock box she saved all my money and and every receipt from my car along with a perfect condition window sticker and that “welcome to Buick” letter they sent out. So my older sister assumed she was planning to hand it back to me so she told me to take it all and she wouldn’t tell my oldest sister who hates me and would have taken 1/3 of it for herself.
Anyway I’m sorry for the long post but I’m 90% sure that I have to be the youngest original TR owner. I still have that WE4 and every paper that was ever generated for it. I literally didn’t drive it from 1997-2018 because it made me too upset to drive. I put it in my sister’s garage and bought a GN a few years later. In 2018 my sister sold her home in ny and shipped me the car. That’s when I joined this forum because it sat so long that I had to replace everything from the fuel tank to the injectors. But now it’s my show car/garage Queen because sometimes it’s still hard to be around. But I would never sell it. I bought another WE4 and that’s mostly what I’ve been into now. I’ll always love my first car and sometimes it’s awesome to drive and sometimes it’s just too sad to be around.
On a happier note back in 87 I literally had the coolest car on 86st flatlands ave, Pennsylvania Avenue, Francis Lewis Blvd, Hempstead turnpike, and Deer Park Avenue. I got so much attention with that car it was an amazing time. I was driving that car when I met my wife of 25 years for the first time. And nobody knew what a WE4 meant other then it was a faster lighter Grand National. The only mod I had was an Alky kit then later on a scanmaster.
But yea I was 17 and an original owner of a WE4 that I still have today.

Once again you GNX owners are blessed. Unfortunately I’ll never have the money to buy one.

Thank you for reading