Your Opinion (Converter Vigilante or 9 x 11)

V8killR4U

Well Spring is around the corner and soon it will be time to bring out my new GN I purchased in January. I will be buying a converter in a few weeks. Ive narrowed my options to the PTX xtreme 9"11. or a vigilante converter. I would like to get some in put from people who have actually had either one of these converters in their cars and what you thought about the converter good or bad and what type of performance gains did you receive from them and also why you choose that particular converter. Yes Ive done a search, but im looking for some new and fresh opinions. I was this close to ordering a 9"11" then the guy that i was ordering from asked why not the precision vigilante cuz thats what hes been sellin and what guys are running and were happy with. Your opinion may help with my purchasing decision.

;)

I will tell you this, the multi disk Vigilante is noisy....it rattles and bangs at idle.......it also locks a lot harder than the 9/11.....whether that is worth anything or not, I'm not sure

if you want something quiet and more streetable, get the 9/11..they "seem" to handle the abuse as well as the Vig

I have the Precision, but a couple of my racing buddies run the 9/11 and do just fine (mid 11 type cars)

PTS Xtreme 9X11 all the way baby

I love my 9x11. It made a huge difference in my car. It really woke it up. I don't believe the vigilante would hit harder although I have not owned both. The 11in disk hits like a ton of bricks. Even running ET streets, my car gets crazy sideways very frequently on the street. :eek:

Other things to consider:

1. Price. My 9X11 was a lot cheaper than a similar mass produced TC from somewhere else.

2. Irregardless warranty from PTS. Others?

3. Free restall. Some do and some don't offer this

4. Custom built. Always a better way to go.

there is also another option. pro torque in long island ny.all the hot air of other companies and a convertor that just plain WORKS,check the egg carton before putting them in your basket.

Originally posted by chris718
....,check the egg carton before putting them in your basket.

I kinda thought that this is what this board was for....???

Chris the problem is Pro Torque wont or cant build a convertor with more than 3200 stall in a lock up. So that rules them out.

we sell protorque convertors for the 2004r that stall much higher than 3200 rpms .you sure you arent confusing them w/ the guys in fla?

hot to go :i dont know what that means i read it in a fortune cookie .some more words of wisdom ,"BRUCE VERY SMART .CONFUCIOUS SAY .IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO HIM AND LEARN MAYBE ONE DAY YOU OPEN BIZINESS TOO.LISTEN WIFF EYES NO OPEN MOUTH.........................yo wheres the chineese message icon?www.ckperformance.com

we sell protorque convertors for the 2004r that stall much higher than 3200 rpms .you sure you arent confusing them w/ the guys in fla?
We had contacted Eric Schertz at Dynotech who sells Protorque (from New York) and they told him the high stall they will make in a lock up is a 3200. They can make any stall in a non lock.

distributors get custombuilt convertors from their supplier at the stall speed they request .therefore if i needed a 3500 rpm stallfor a gn i most definately could and have got them from pro torque.10.5 w lock up .

Originally posted by V8killR4U
.... Ive narrowed my options to the PTX xtreme 9"11. or a vigilante converter.... I was this close to ordering a 9"11" then the guy that i was ordering from asked why not the precision vigilante cuz thats what hes been sellin and what guys are running and were happy with. Your opinion may help with my purchasing decision.

;)

I VOTE for your first option above..... and if the guy you were ordering from suggested the vigilante then you weren't ordering from PTS!

http://www.2004rperformancecenter.c...CatalogID=2&strCatalog_NAME=Xtreme+Converters

Well he said he had no problem selling me either one. He just liked the turn aorund time and the warranty offer and its proven performance. I dont think he could have cared less, he just owned a shop and thats what he had in 1 of 5 of his gn's and said hes seen any where from 3-4 10ths in the 1/4mi. Does PTS have a 1 or 2 year warranty? Damn this is taking more thought than anticipated by friday im buying something!

I need more FEEd back guys!

Whats cons are there to either one, that youve heard or experienced?

distributors get custombuilt convertors from their supplier at the stall speed they request .therefore if i needed a 3500 rpm stallfor a gn i most definately could and have got them from pro torque.10.5 w lock up .
Eric Schertz is a distributor for ProTorque just like you.

Originally posted by V8killR4U
[
Damn this is taking more thought than anticipated by friday im buying something!

I need more FEEd back guys!
[/B]

Don't stress. No more thought needed. Just click the link and fill out the spec sheet. Then PTS will recommend the TC that's right for you. It will be CUSTOM BUILT to best suit your needs. What could be easier?

http://www.2004rperformancecenter.c...reme+Converters

And no, I don't work for PTS. LOL!! I'm just one of many satisfied customers. And they make one badass converter!! :D

PTS Xtreme 911 has 1 year irreguardless w/1 free restall if needed, If you did a thourgh search on here YOU WOULD HAVE you decision already I believe. For quality and price you can't beat the 911, but be careful that you purchase the trure PTS, many claim to have it, but unless you purchase thru PTS you may not be getting it as there are only a couple sellers of them other than PTS

Today is the Day When i leave work im buying something :cool:
Any last day comments to help with the decision?:D

go to their website and if you make it there then you will se that there is a 3500 lock up 2004r convertor .dont take my word for it.protorque .com.i know eric shurtz,he uses some of our parts,and is a very nice guy.and the 3500 rating w/a hi strung motor is a bit on the conservative side i might add .www.ckperformance.com ........................a well informed consumer is our best customer .

What is funny is that I have heard a lot of bad press about the Vigilante. The straw in the Camel's back was when about 20 Supra guys bought Vigilante's for their MKIVs that did not stall even cloce to what they wanted. Well over in fact. Many guys were hitting their rev limeters (7500, or there abouts). Good thing the Supra guys have lots of $$.
The folks I talked to said that the Vigilante was loud, and locked TOO hard. That is the reason I went for the PTS Extreme (formerly 9x11) converter. Plus Bruce knows his poop.
You will not be disappointed with the 9x11.
OH, just as a little plug for Bruce, I waited over a year to install the 200 and the converter, so Bruce gave me an extension on the warrantee (on my good word I guess).
Bruce has my business for life.:D