Youtube??

Buicks are owned by old people that can't figure out digital video or youtube. I'm surprised the forum has any traffic.

Good thing the "old people" are still around, playing with the turbo cars. You'd be completely lost without them....

Yes, I as a"young-un" of 30 attribute all my knowledge to you boomers... Without y'all I wouldnt do anything right the first time. I run a carnival and learned painting, fiberglass, mechanics,hydraulics, electrical and bodywork from an older co worker and my father over the last 15+ years. BIG THANX TO ALL THE OLD GUYS!

I think that some "how to videos" would be beneficial..... Just gotta find someone who's not only willing to video & post it up, but who more importantly actually knows what they're doing...lol.

I am not even sure how I landed on these threads here but guess what...I made a youtube channel for my build a little over a year ago and I try to share most everything I do on the Buick. I have made playlists so if you are just looking for technical stuff and you dont care about the blogs or other shenanigans you dont have to search through them.
I've tried to network with some of the big names out there but haven't had any luck. So pretty much how it works right now is that people ask for a particular install to review...and I ask around until someone is doing said activity and they don't mind having an extra hand (the other one hold the camera lol)
Link is in the signature, please share with others to continue growing the channel.

There are some good Buick vids on Youtube, but there are some lame ones too. I'm in the old school at 52. Had my turbo Regal 26 years now. I absolutely do not like all this new tech shit now. Talk about dumbing down society. They weren't that smart to begin with.

Venomgt, subscribed. It takes a lot of gopros and editing. I made a video once, but it was just me in the garage looking for tools with ac/dc in the background and drinking beer.

I am not even sure how I landed on these threads here but guess what...I made a youtube channel for my build a little over a year ago and I try to share most everything I do on the Buick. I have made playlists so if you are just looking for technical stuff and you dont care about the blogs or other shenanigans you dont have to search through them.
I've tried to network with some of the big names out there but haven't had any luck. So pretty much how it works right now is that people ask for a particular install to review...and I ask around until someone is doing said activity and they don't mind having an extra hand (the other one hold the camera lol)
Link is in the signature, please share with others to continue growing the channel.

Hey Venom, im subscribed to your channel and follow you on instagram and find your content helpful. Thanks for stepping up and taking on that task im sure there is a ton of behind the scene work involved.

Go to Facebook and search for Buick Grand National Tech....lots of good info and videos.

Check out Steve V:s Youtube channel , you can follow him on Facebook and Instagram too.
Learned a lot from him.

Which one is his? I watch some videos from a guy I think galled Buick101 or Turbocharger101 or something. He has done some good Buick Videos.

Get ready for a rant. :D

I built my entire set-up without any internet help, You-tube, Facebook, or anything. I didn't even know some of this shit existed. And most of it didn't. I was never a mechanic. I grew up in family that hated cars, used them as tools to be thrown away after they used them up. I grew up in area where owning a car isn't even a necessity. I'm in the construction business. The extent of my engine knowledge barely takes me to the level of being able to make a generator run.

Good thing!

Because I truly believe it would have stunted my creativity. And based on what I mostly see on the Internet, this seems to be the problem many have.

I had never seen a photo or instructional video on twin turbocharging, never seen a twin turbo LS, never seen instructional video on welding or fabrication, never seen a video on hose assembly, never knew any internet tricks for making it all fit. Nothing! Not any of it.

The only thing I did to prepare for the project was talk to people. I didn't waste there time. I had a goal. So I was intending to use the information provided and spend some money.

I Talked to owners of similar set-ups face to face and know what they looked like! Took my own reference photos with a Polaroid of things I liked IN PERSON. Used my parts suppliers for there consulting services. Read the instructions that came with the parts. Read books (not magazines) to learn the general physics of engines, pressures, air flow, etc. Made phone calls and actually heard peoples voices. And most important........Put some trust in a good friend.

But even more important......I trusted myself. I was told I couldn't do it. It was implied that it would end up being a hack job. I was told things wouldn't work. I was told it would never be finished. Not everyone said this. But some did.

About 2 years later.........And finally, most of it was done.

Did I make some mistakes? Oh hell yea!

Do I still? Again......Oh hell yea! So what?

So, why does anyone need this stuff? Is this just a millennial excuse for not getting things done until they find instructions on the internet? I don't know. Even today, the main reason I'm here is because I don't get out all that often anymore and I like to goof-off a bit and just have a little fun with other Buick people. When I really need to do something, I pick up the phone or a book or go see someone in person. How does this compare? Answer....I don't know. But if anyone thinks I did it the wrong way because I used old-fashioned information gathering, and my set-up didn't come out OK, you could share it. I'm not sensitive. I can handle it.