zero knock FAST says add fuel

SIXBANGR

mean old man
just went out on a hot day to check my dash gauges with the FAST. At 24 lbs. i get no knock and the FAST says to add alot of fuel. I would assume I need more gas and not alky since there is zero knock. Also, I have 10gal of E85 in the car with 8 gal of 89( all we have here). I filled the alky with 1/2 water.At WOT in 3rd, 5300rpm,14.3AF,o2 corr. was 24, inj dc at 90. WOT in 2nd was 21lbs,5547rpm, 14.3AF, o2 corr at 21, inj at 77dc. I had forgotten about the E85 and the water. 83lb inj, GT70p trim, 3800 stall PTC, PTE stock location, ported irons, 218/218 flat tappet.

Your AF is scary and your injectors are toast with any blend of E85 in them at your power level.

I'd ditch the E85 and run straight meth and maybe a blend of any leaded gas in the area. This way you can fatten up the car and use the Meth to cool down the inlet.

If you stick with the E85 blend you'll need much larger injectors, 120's would be the minimum at your power level. Scope around the E85 section for more details.

Though you're getting zero knock, your AF is literally a cruising ratio and is going to cause some tears if you keep at it like this, safe is under 12 and your not even close to that. :eek:

just went out on a hot day to check my dash gauges with the FAST. At 24 lbs. i get no knock and the FAST says to add alot of fuel. I would assume I need more gas and not alky since there is zero knock. Also, I have 10gal of E85 in the car with 8 gal of 89( all we have here). I filled the alky with 1/2 water.At WOT in 3rd, 5300rpm,14.3AF,o2 corr. was 24, inj dc at 90. WOT in 2nd was 21lbs,5547rpm, 14.3AF, o2 corr at 21, inj at 77dc. I had forgotten about the E85 and the water. 83lb inj, GT70p trim, 3800 stall PTC, PTE stock location, ported irons, 218/218 flat tappet.
Please dont take offense, where have you been getting your advice as to fuel, mixture type, and air fuel?

All three are off the charts in the wrong end.

I will drain the fuel and the alky tanks tomorrow. I was trying to see if i could use the E85 since all we have within 40 miles is 89 octane. I was surprized to see the numbers. Last time I checked it was pretty close to where it should be.
No offense taken, sometimes I stray.

Let me clarify my post.

Straight Meth in the alky tank.

Mix of leaded gas and premium in the gas tank and let her rip.

If you want to tune around that 24psi level, straight Meth with an AF around 11.5 might be able to do it if the timing is not too insane ( 25 or higher ). I prefer to keep it safe and mix in 5 gallons of 110 leaded so my street tune is ZERO knock and it was 11.6 on the wideband in 3rd gear with Razors Meth kit. :cool:

You can tune the Fast with E85, but you'll need to swap out injectors and if the gas around you is that pathetic, it might be worth doing. 120's and a big external fuel pump will get you running high psi with the alky kit, really high!!

Greed can make the pockets bleed.